Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So I broke my FNS-9L.....

So I broke my FNS-9L.....

By shooting it, I got to about 16,000 live rounds through it, and about 4,000 dryfires (with snap caps) when the trigger stopped resetting.

I took down the striker assembly and found the striker return spring had blown apart, and the firing pin block was lodged into the slide. No problems man, I got decent reps on it before a small parts failure, infact I was impressed because I could still manually reset the trigger and shoot the gun.

I jumped through FNH's website's hoops to get it returned for repair - gun is warrantied.

Fast forward a week later, I get a call about an hour ago from FNH informing me it's going to cost me $370.00 for a new fucking slide. What the actual fuck?

In the most calm manner I could I explained to the lady that I know this is not her fault, but this was totally unacceptable. The gun broke through normal use, from straight up being shot. I explained that I have 4 other FNH handguns, and I shoot a metric ton, and very soon another one was going to break and there is no way I'm going to constantly eat the bill for fixing warrantied wear and tear breakages.

I politely asked to speak to someone higher up, and she told me I would get a call back.

I am completely beside myself, I have over $3,000 worth of FNH pistols. At the moment I have 3 custom holsters in the works and a EFK after market threaded barrel on the way. My brain is going to explode, there is no way I'm going to eat recurring big dollar costs for normal parts failure that is completely the result of regular use.

I guess I need two things from you guys:

1) a shoulder to cry on
    2) your opinion - am I out of line? how would you react? Is there anything else I should currently be doing other than making a stink on this forum and fuming?

If they put their foot down and refuse to cover the repair I'm going to have a breakdown. Shooting is my life, I'm the type who will most likely never get married or have kids. I have a really big "god hole" and I fill it with my passion for pistol shooting, this is like finding out your S/O has been cheating on you for me.

EDIT: I removed the pic I posted because it wasn't the correct one, I'll post the correct pic when I'm back at home and have access to it.
    Last edited by SsevenN; 03-08-2017 at 02:48 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

A slide wrecked because the trigger return spring broke sounds like warranty covered to me. Damn.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I had a similar problem with a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 gave out in the middle of a hunt. I did my due diligence and gave CZ a chance to respond, which they failed to do in a responsible manner. I had a thread about the issue going on a forum that had a bunch of CZ fans for dangerous-game rifles, so I sent CZ a link to the thread. A couple of days later, I got an email from the president of CZ USA and together we got the problem unscrewed.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

If the slide gets wrecked because the striker return spring broke, is that really the platform you want to be using?

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I had a similar problem with a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 gave out in the middle of a hunt. I did my due diligence and gave CZ a chance to respond, which they failed to do in a responsible manner. I had a thread about the issue going on a forum that had a bunch of CZ fans for dangerous-game rifles, so I sent CZ a link to the thread. A couple of days later, I got an email from the president of CZ USA and together we got the problem unscrewed.

Okie John
    Good call, I just sent them a link to this thread, if this doesn't motivate them I'll put this thread up on every corner of the internet and link them to all of it.

edit: I need to cool off
    Last edited by SsevenN; 03-08-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    I have a feeling it's the lodged firing pin block that junked the slide.
    Same question still applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Same question still applies.

I'm willing to chalk that up as a fluke, I've had resoundingly positive experience and reliability with my other 3 FNS guns.

I just think it's fucking absurd I should have to pay to fix the issue.

EDIT: pic is relevant, with the exception of this massive failure I've run these guns really really hard with flawless results.

I even sent them this fucking picture in the return box with a note praising their design and quality and what a fan boy I am.

Last edited by SsevenN; 03-08-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Maybe they will cover it?

If not, I agree it's completely unacceptable.

Blast them over all forums with photos and proof.

Other than that not really much more you can do. They are a big company who doesn't really care about you or me.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Maybe they will cover it?

If not, I agree it's completely unacceptable.

Blast them over all forums with photos and proof.

Other than that not really much more you can do. They are a big company who doesn't really care about you or me.
    If they don't backtrack almost immediately and fall over apologizing I'm going to sell all my FNH related products at a huge loss on gun broker explaining the price is so low because they are hot garbage. And yes I will carry this tale to every corner of the web. Then I'm going to immediate burn a hole through my credit card buying every model of VP9 available.
    Last edited by SsevenN; 03-08-2017 at 02:21 PM.

User Tag List