Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rangemaster, Tom Givens Handgun Core Skills Test.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Shot this for the DotW.

Gen3 G34 in a Keeper concealed under a polo shirt.
    Used an IDPA target and traced a ~3.5" circle in the head (the outline of my depleted roll of duct tape.)

Times
    String 1 @ 3 yards: Sidestep, draw, and shoot 4 body = 1.40
    String 2 @ 5 yards: Sidestep, draw, and shoot 3 body and 2 head = 2.03
    String 3 @ 5 yards: Start with gun at ready in strong hand only, shoot 4 body = 1.50
    String 4 @ 5 yards: Start with gun at ready in support hand only, shoot 5 body = 2.08
    String 5 @ 7 yards: Draw and shoot 6 body = 2.03
    String 6 @ 7 yards: Start with gun at ready loaded with exactly 3 rounds. Shoot 3 body, reload, and shoot 3 body = 3.09
    String 7 @ 10 yards: Draw and shoot 3 body = 1.49
    String 8 @ 15 yards: Draw and shoot 4 body = 2.15
    String 9 @ 25 yards: Draw and shoot 3 body = 2.49

Total time: 18.26 seconds
    Total points: 196

Final score: 214

I really enjoy that this particular test is based in hit factor scoring.

So really dude... that is like Cyborg stuff... 3 rounds at 10 yards in 1.49 is flat insane.. that's a sub second first round hit and like .21 splits.

Well done man truly Well done.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    So really dude... that is like Cyborg stuff... 3 rounds at 10 yards in 1.49 is flat insane.. that's a sub second first round hit and like .21 splits.

Well done man truly Well done.
    Thanks! 2016 feels like so long ago lol...
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Another resurrection-

A coworker and I shot this on some downtime on indoor range. I thought I had shot it years ago(and 2018 seems like a different time now), but can't find the specific notes. Unconcealed with a 43X, green dot Holosun and Streamlight mounted-

2.51, 3.63, 3.48, 3.84, 4.79, 6.33(bozo'd the load), 2.9, 4.12 and 4.46. 8 points down yields around a 106.

Maybe apples to grapefruits, but I'll try this soon with our test G45 set up with the Performance Trigger, out of a Level 3 holster. Hopefully get others to shoot it for data. It's a reasoned test, thanks to @Tom Givens. I think a good number of LE couldn't get past 90 or so...

User Tag List