Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IDPA does it again

My name is PPGMD, and I am a round dumper.

About 50% of the stages in a match I dump a round, the other 50% I take an extra shot because I didn't feel right when the shot broke.

I would bet that when I can start running again I would likely get a FTDR at some point because I rarely miss, but they don't give me one because I can't move fast enough to be competitive at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    when did they load him?
    Does it count as gaming to shoot the steel twice?
    No, most times only shooting steel once will have you waiting on any activated movers depending on the array.

If I dump, I try to do it first target or array.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Blue Bullets Team dude

Reminds me of my IPSC days in the early '80's when I could not deal with "timed fire" stages. I just shot them all as fast as I thought I could; always faster than the time allowed. It's a game but I played it for training purposes. Same with the IDPA matches I've shot and our local unsanctioned action pistol matches. Just shoot it as "tactically" as you can figure out how to and be done with it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    That's because you're about the farthest thing from a gamer anyone has ever met, my friend.
    That is one of the best compliments I've received. Thanks!

da6d

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'm baffled why anyone would -- or could -- support the round dumping penalty. It makes no sense in terms of objective refereeing of the sport. It makes no sense in terms of fairness. It makes no sense in terms of tactics.
    I heard that there was strong support during the last revision of the rule book to eliminate round dumping as a criteria for the FTDR, for all the reasons stated.
    Then someone remarked "You know, (ToddG) really hates that rule. Can't we keep it?! "
    And that's why IDPA still has the round dumping rule.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Then someone remarked "You know, (ToddG) really hates that rule. Can't we keep it?! "
    And that's why IDPA still has the round dumping rule.
    I believe it.

Smile Idpa does it again

Round dumping is impossible to call
    I have been an SO since 2001 here in RSA and have had someof the top
    SA shooters on my range Including some of the top IPSC guys shooting
    our discipline.
    How can you tell a shooter that he can't fire an extra shot if he is not sure
    I am a "distinguished senior" and can't see the target never mind the holes.
    Hopefully Idpa will sort this out in the current review
    Lol

User Tag List