Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IDPA does it again

when did they load him?
    Does it count as gaming to shoot the steel twice?
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    I take extra shots myself if I'm not sure. The extra second or so it take for an additional shot beats the heck out of a down 3 or miss.
    Same here. When I was shooting IDPA several times a month, I was always taking extra shots at targets. Sometimes it worked out that I could do a slide lock reload at a good point and at other times I ended up doing a reload at a not-so-good point.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by da6dspanburg View Post
    Sometimes it worked out that I could do a slide lock reload at a good point and at other times I ended up doing a reload at a not-so-good point.
    That's because you're about the farthest thing from a gamer anyone has ever met, my friend. But with the wrong RO, one of those propitious extra shots could have earned you a 20s penalty.

I guess I don't game the games enough. I absolutely can't stand to drop a point and will sacrifice either the time to make a solid -0 shot, or I'll put an extra shot on a target to put one in the -0 even when I know leaving that -1 and moving on would be less time on the whole.

What's really embarrassing is TRYING to round dump to slide lock, losing count, riding the slide release so the slide stays closed, then doing a RWR and somehow trying to reload the empty mag you just pulled out. Not that there's actual video of me doing that or anything.
    I'd look for it to get a serious going over by the Tiger Team and probably be removed. IMO it makes the sport look kind of goofy to have such an unenforceable rule.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Lol you sure that wasn't me Nick?
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Lol you sure that wasn't me Nick?
    I was just demonstrating how NOT to do it, to help you get started out right what can I say, I'm a giver.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

round dumping

I made the suggestion over on the idpaforum to count all rds on target(s) and do away with the round dumping call
    (in a vickers count stage).

It did not go over well...

until that day
    Mark

We are diminished
    I'm baffled why anyone would -- or could -- support the round dumping penalty. It makes no sense in terms of objective refereeing of the sport. It makes no sense in terms of fairness. It makes no sense in terms of tactics.

It amazes me that a rule designed to prevent you from getting a benefit by counting your rounds basically requires you to count your rounds or else risk a huge penalty if the stars align wrong and you get the wrong RO on the wrong stage.

Like Todd said on his blog today, the problem with round dumping is that it requires the SO to read my mind.

User Tag List