Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IDPA does it again

IDPA does it again

Not too long ago they show cased Vogel, their World Champion, on a video shooting a stage. In my opinion, he was round dumping by shooting an extra round into the last target. IDPA came back and said that it was a mover which made it legal followed by all the other IDPA fan boys clainmng an insurance shot on that 'difficult' target. Whatever. Now, they show case yet another stage with him firing a 3rd round on the last target again. It was a mover again, but this time we have two targets moving forward and he chose to engage the last one of the two gaining him the faster reload. Really IDPA, if you are going to show case your star shooter, your champion, don't do it showing him breaking your own rules which would earn you the coveted Failure To Do Right 20 second penalty. His second one at the World Championship which would undoubtedly not earn him the title. I have now officially lost all hope for IDPA.

We are diminished
    I see it the exact opposite. Here are two great examples of why the rule is inherently flawed. There is nothing in the rulebook about "insurance shots" or any other such nonsense.

Nor am I calling out Vogel. I've taken those exact same shots at plenty of major IDPA matches. Only a liar would say the decision to make such extra shots was made regardless of the reload. How many pre-planned extra shots get made on stages requiring less than a full mag to complete? Just about zero.

In a misguided attempt to prevent gaming, IDPA has simply created its own more complicated, more subjective, more unenforceable rule.

It's an easy fix, IDPA. And it's long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It's an easy fix, IDPA. And it's long overdue.
    A-Freaking-men!!!

If you're going to make something into a game, don't be upset when people play it. :/
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    If you're going to make something into a game, don't be upset when people play it. :/
    THIS.

Take it for what it is. It's a game. No one can say for sure what a shooter's intention is with extra shots. Hell, I take them all the time .... but mine are usually because my bad eyes couldn't tell if I had good hits or more likely because I can't remember if the stage called for 2 or 3.

I take extra shots myself if I'm not sure. The extra second or so it take for an additional shot beats the heck out of a down 3 or miss.

I don't know what's funnier, the rule itself, or the fact that Vogel took extra shots for better reloads when he had zero competition. Why bother? I'm not making claims as to his character, but I wonder if he was trying to make a statement...
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    THIS.

Take it for what it is. It's a game. No one can say for sure what a shooter's intention is with extra shots. Hell, I take them all the time .... but mine are usually because my bad eyes couldn't tell if I had good hits or more likely because I can't remember if the stage called for 2 or 3.
    I overshoot something in most matches. Mostly because once I start shooting something, I don't like to stop. I think its a lizard brain thing. Definitely not strategy. lol I have no strategy but to shoot to empty, reload, repeat. lol
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Yup.

We are diminished

User Tag List