Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quotes not working

Im having the same problem. IE 11 I believe, windows 7. I just tried a quote and it only partially replicated the post, with no end quote. I recalled seeing this and came to see if it was the same issue.

Don't have any other browsers loaded. The computer is flaky enough I'm trying not to get any more confusion in its brain.

EDIT: I just tried it again and it worked OK. Weird.
    Last edited by Malamute; 03-11-2017 at 01:18 PM.

The other computer is set up the same windows 7 and IE 11. I have multi quoted every post in this thread. I will come back if it allows me to edit and note any discrepancies in the quoting.

ETA Two of my posts that were quoted did not appear completely or as a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I am trying to respond to a thread multi quoting two different posts. I have tried this on two different computers.
    The first computer I got a complete blank the cursor wouldn't even show.
    The second computer I got one post to quote partially but the second quote wouldn't show at all.
    I tried on the second computer multiple times with the same result.
    These are the same computers I always use for the forum. Any ideas here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Single quotes seem to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Every computer/OS/browser combination I've tried hasn't had any problems and works a expected.

Can you provide me with the thread and exact posts you are attempting to multi-quote when the problem occured?
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Looks fine to me.
    [QUOTE=UNK;575446]Its working better now. I multi quoted the thread and they all appeared completely except yours. So I single quoted your post and again it didn't appear completely.

Every computer/OS/browser combination I've tried hasn't had any problems and works a expected.

Can you provide me with the thread and exact posts you are attempting to multi
    [QUOTE=UNK;575447]Here is the same thread multi quoted. Casual Friday's post didn't appear at all.

Can you provide me with the thread and exact posts you are attempting to multi
    It continues to work for me. What browser and OS are you using? Also any browser extensions installed?
    And I can't edit the last post. I was going to add that again your post didn't appear completely.
    It's windows seven on this computer. Sorry I don't know what an extension is.

Now it allowed me to edit. It's microsofts browser.
    What browser?
    11 and all the add ons are from Microsoft
    Does that mean Internet Explorer (or whatever they call their browser)? Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not much of a MS guy.

Have you tried using another browser such as Firefox or Chrome to see if the problem exist there as well?
    Yes IE 11. I'll play around with it and see what happens. I'm sure now it's on my end. Just weird that it happened on two separate computers at the same time. Thanks for your time.
    Was it IE on both computers? I'm not sure exactly how the quote and multiquote stuff works. I suspect some sort of JS/AJAX magic. If I can find browser that does the same thing, I can jump into the console and hopefully see what's going on.
    7 on both computers yes. I'm not sure about IE on the other one I can look tomorrow. On the other one I can't see any typing windows open. Whether its a reply to a post or start an email. Everything else opens just not the part where you type the response or the body of the email.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Im having the same problem. IE 11 I believe, windows 7. I just tried a quote and it only partially replicated the post, with no end quote. I recalled seeing this and came to see if it was the same issue.

Don't have any other browsers loaded. The computer is flaky enough I'm trying not to get any more confusion in its brain.

EDIT: I just tried it again and it worked OK. Weird.
    I don't have access to a Win7/IE11 machine, but I'll try to find one and see what I can see.
    Last edited by UNK; 03-12-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

[QUOTE=UNK;576013]The other computer is set up the same windows 7 and IE 11. I have multi quoted every post in this thread. I will come back if it allows me to edit and note any discrepancies in the quoting.

ETA Two of my posts that were quoted did not appear completely or as a quote.

ETA #2 Second edit I couldn't see the button that allowed me to post my edit. Had to quote the thread to post this and again the quote did not appear as a quote.

[QUOTE=UNK;575446]Its working better now. I multi quoted the thread and they all appeared completely except yours. So I single quoted your post and again it didn't appear completely.

Here is the same thread multi quoted. Casual Friday's post didn't appear at all.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List