Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quotes not working

Quotes not working

I am trying to respond to a thread multi quoting two different posts. I have tried this on two different computers.
    The first computer I got a complete blank the cursor wouldn't even show.
    The second computer I got one post to quote partially but the second quote wouldn't show at all.
    I tried on the second computer multiple times with the same result.
    These are the same computers I always use for the forum. Any ideas here?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I am trying to respond to a thread multi quoting two different posts. I have tried this on two different computers.
    The second computer I got one post to quote partially but the second quote wouldn't show at all.
    Single quotes seem to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Every computer/OS/browser combination I've tried hasn't had any problems and works a expected.

Can you provide me with the thread and exact posts you are attempting to multi-quote when the problem occured?
    Looks fine to me.

Its working better now. I multi quoted the thread and they all appeared completely except yours. So I single quoted your post and again it didn't appear completely.

[QUOTE=Tom_Jones;574198]Every computer/OS/browser combination I've tried hasn't had any problems and works a expected.

Can you provide me with the thread and exact posts you are attempting to multi

Here is the same thread multi quoted. Casual Friday's post didn't appear at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    [QUOTE=Tom_Jones;574198]Every computer/OS/browser combination I've tried hasn't had any problems and works a expected.

Can you provide me with the thread and exact posts you are attempting to multi

And I can't edit the last post. I was going to add that again your post didn't appear completely.

It's windows seven on this computer. Sorry I don't know what an extension is.

Now it allowed me to edit. It's microsofts browser.
    Last edited by UNK; 03-10-2017 at 07:03 PM.

11 and all the add ons are from Microsoft

What browser?

Yes IE 11. I'll play around with it and see what happens. I'm sure now it's on my end. Just weird that it happened on two separate computers at the same time. Thanks for your time.

Does that mean Internet Explorer (or whatever they call their browser)? Forgive my ignorance, but I'm not much of a MS guy.

Have you tried using another browser such as Firefox or Chrome to see if the problem exist there as well?

7 on both computers yes. I'm not sure about IE on the other one I can look tomorrow. On the other one I can't see any typing windows open. Whether its a reply to a post or start an email. Everything else opens just not the part where you type the response or the body of the email.

Was it IE on both computers? I'm not sure exactly how the quote and multiquote stuff works. I suspect some sort of JS/AJAX magic. If I can find browser that does the same thing, I can jump into the console and hopefully see what's going on.

User Tag List