Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Flinch? Or compensating/anticipating recoil? I really would appreciate some advice.

Those targets look good.

Good progress, dude! Keep doing exactly that.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Great thread. Thanks for asking the good questions Dave and all the great advise from the pros.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Great thread. Thanks for asking the good questions Dave and all the great advise from the pros.
    You are welcome my friend. I am trying to get better and I like learning from folks that know more than I do
    SCD

OK, so at 25 it's not good. This is living proof I don't just post my good targets. My RMR dot at 25 shakes worse that a dog shitting a sand spur and I don't know what to do about it. I have noticed marked improvement out to 15 but as usual any shortcomings show a 25 I guess. Not sure where to go with this, I'm all over the place........

Thoughts? Direction?

Thanks!

Last edited by SC_Dave; 03-29-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    It's far from the only reason for it but the most common fix I see for people shaking is to back off the strong hand grip just a bit. One of my friends shakes so bad it looks like he has tremors if he grips too hard with his strong hand.

If you're holding one handed, learning to breathe to effect a "respiratory pause" is huge.
    25 yard 1-hand shooting is TOUGH. All the IPSC guys bitch about that bullseye shit, but inside, they're scared...

Don't try to hold the dot, or sights, perfectly still. Let you sights circle your point of aim as you press the trigger.

Old school bullseye shooter talk about letting the sights do a figure eight around the point of aim. I could never pull that off but allowing my sights to gently circle my POA helped a lot.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

3-31-17 range trip.

Went back today and only shot 25 yds. I relaxed my grip, locked my support hand wrist, relaxed my arms.

I certainly don't thinks these targets are good but I do think they are somewhat better than the last ones I posted. I'm thinking I need to continues with this method but want to hear from ou guys that have any other suggestions for me please.

No particular number of rounds per target. Usually what ever I had left in the magazine. I will tell you that I had some flyers though.

This first target is the first target I shot. Cold.

[IMG][/IMG]

This one is second.

[IMG][/IMG]

These 2 below were the last 2 I forgot to take pics of the ones in between before I tore them off.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

User Tag List