Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any AR pistol love?

Any AR pistol love?

Just assembled this BMC RECCE 11 KMR-A knock-off and am having an absolute blast with it (no pun intended). Slinged up 2-point and pulled tight with a cheek weld only, I can shoot this 5.5 pound "pistol" unsupported as well as my AR carbine. The EFAB muzzle device keeps the muzzle stable and flash under control, especially with the Speer Gold Dot 75 .223 (my go-to load). I wish I did this sooner!

Any other AR pistol fans here?

Parts;

BCM Pistol Lower (complete)
    BCM 11.5" Carbine ELW Upper KMR-A 10 with BCG and Mod 4 Charging Handle
    MVB Micro Pistol Kit with H1 buffer
    BCM Grip Mod 0
    Precision Armament EFAB
    DD Fixed Front/Rear Sights with Blitzkrieg chevron plain black front site post

I live in IL until May 8th so pistols are all I can get. Got a couple in 6.8, one in 5.56 and a PWS in 7.62X39 with Shockwaves and the Galil Ace Pistol with a SB thing.

Some of those will become SBR when I become a Texan.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Some of those will become SBR when I become a Texan.
    That was my plan - build it as a "pistol" and submit the NFA paperwork. I may still do that but for now I'm enjoying the pistol format and my 16" mid length fulfills my "not-too-long rifle" needs. PS - the Malkoff lights in the QD Vltor mount get moved around a bit.

Site Supporter
    I like my BCM pistol. I wish my lower said pistol. Too many people think it's a sbr

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I wish my lower said pistol.
    Mine does not either. It was made and sold by BCM for use as a pistol and therefore declared as such on Form 4473 at the time of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Mine does not either. It was made and sold by BCM for use as a pistol and therefore declared as such on Form 4473 at the time of purchase.
    Technically it should have been declared "other" on the 4473 if it was not assembled into a pistol at the time of purchase . Your post is not clear whether you added the upper or purchased it as an assembled pistol.

I had an EFAB on my 10.5 and found the concussion obnoxious. I had a Kaw linear comp on it for a while, and that was much better but little help with flash. Now running a Vortex and ICD blast control device. Seems to be the best of both worlds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Technically it should have been declared "other" on the 4473 if it was not assembled into a pistol at the time of purchase . Your post is not clear whether you added the upper or purchased it as an assembled pistol.
    Correct. The point I failed to make that a lower that was sold as part of a rifle cannot be converted into a pistol (at least that is my understanding).

So far the muzzle blast with the EFAB has not seemed much worse than with an A2, yet gives better flash suppression and certainly some added muzzle control. I recently switched from the BCM Mod 0 brake to a SF 3P on my carbine (the ring doesn't bother me).

What light you have mounted there?

Site Supporter
    I thought about having my lower engraved "AR PISTOL" just so I don't have to argue with anybody.

Correct, once a rifle, always a rifle.

It's a Surefire Scout 300 in an Arisaka offset Keymod mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I really like mine, but I want a longer rail in the front of my 11.5"

User Tag List