Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3" 65-3s @ J&G in Prescott

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Did you try calling? They had the guns "in the cabinet".

The guy I talked to mentioned that they had 64s and 66s. I don't know the barrel lengths. I haven't seen a 65 in a gun shop in a very long time and certainly not at that price. The last 13 I saw was a 4" and the shop wanted $600 for it.
    The *only* 13 I remember seeing in a shop was a 3", and they wanted $499. It left with me. I was in a wee spot of trouble with my bride when I got home.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    The *only* 13 I remember seeing in a shop was a 3", and they wanted $499. It left with me. I was in a wee spot of trouble with my bride when I got home.
    From a friend of mine, who is a serious Pats fan:

HELP REQUESTED PLEASE!!

A friend of mine has two tickets for Super Bowl 51. The tickets are box seats, plus airfare and hotel accommodations. She didn't realize when she bought them that the game is the same day as her wedding - so she can't go.

If you're interested and want to go instead of her, it's at St. Peter's Church in Boston at 5 PM. His name is Sean. He'll be the one in a tux.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I wasn't in *that* much trouble!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    From a friend of mine, who is a serious Pats fan:

HELP REQUESTED PLEASE!!

A friend of mine has two tickets for Super Bowl 51. The tickets are box seats, plus airfare and hotel accommodations. She didn't realize when she bought them that the game is the same day as her wedding - so she can't go.

If you're interested and want to go instead of her, it's at St. Peter's Church in Boston at 5 PM. His name is Sean. He'll be the one in a tux.
    As a fellow Pats fan I would have easily missed my own wedding to attend The Greatest Superbowl Of All Time. I'd miss it 1000 times over.

The solution of course is to marry Rob Gronkowski.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    This should make the people who got the J&G deal feel even better about the money they spent.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/625571313
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    This should make the people who got the J&G deal feel even better about the money they spent.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/625571313
    It do!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I got mine today. Fortunately for me, I don't get teary very easily. Or I'd want to.

At first glance, it looked OK, other than square-butt Pachs on a round-butt gun:

Name:  13.JPG
Views: 862
Size:  53.4 KB

But it seems that the barrel is canted:

Name:  13-sights.JPG
Views: 799
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  13-align-2.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  36.4 KB

Then there was this chunk out of it:

Name:  13-chunk.JPG
Views: 835
Size:  37.1 KB

And this chunk missing out of the retention lip for the yoke:

Name:  13-crane.JPG
Views: 802
Size:  22.4 KB

If I do it just right, the yoke will move forward with the cylinder open.

The sad thing is that the timing and lockup are excellent.

I don't know how big a job is it to replace the yoke. (Numrich has them for $61.) Or getting the barrel back in line. So it could be really easy to sink a lot more into this gun.

On the other hand, it's pretty unlikely that I'll find another Model 65.

Decisions, decisions.

Well, I have 30 days to mull it over as to what I'm going to do.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 03-10-2017 at 07:34 PM.

I got mine today. Fortunately for me, I don't get teary very easily. Or I'd want to.

At first glance, it looked OK, other than square-butt Pachs on a round-butt gun:

Name:  13.JPG
Views: 862
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  13-sights.JPG
Views: 799
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  13-align-2.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  13-chunk.JPG
Views: 835
Size:  37.1 KB

Name:  13-crane.JPG
Views: 802
Size:  22.4 KB

I don't know how big a job is it to replace the yoke. (Numrich has them for $61.) Or getting the barrel back in line. So it could be really easy to sink a lot more into this gun.

Decisions, decisions.

It looks like some ignorant person used a punch to drive the yoke out, dinging the frame and breaking that flange on its axis. Being the jump in and try it type, Id take the yoke to a welding shop and see if they can built it back up with stainless wire weld. The stainless stuff Ive had done on guns was easy to work back down and finish. A different yoke may not fit the front of your frame, I believe they are polished on each gun, but that isn't that hard to file and sand down and refinish in stainless if the mismatched parts bother you. Id also have that ching on the frame welded up and file back down. The extractor rods are about $12 or $15 I think, if the scarred knurling is annoying. I found it doesn't bother me that much after forgetting about it.

Being a non-pinned barrel, its probably pretty tight and likely requires blocks to turn the barrel without hurting the frame. It may shoot OK, if so, moving it will change POI. Id guess its off though. I know someone with the frame blocks that I can use for that type thing, but that doesnt help you. The blocks aren't very expensive though, I made the other tools needed. If you were closer Id help you.
    Last edited by Malamute; 03-10-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Decisions, decisions.

If you have 30 days to return it, I'd send it back. Not a bargain at $500.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    What are the chances it got dropped with the cylinder open, hitting the back of the cylinder, and someone just replaced the cylinder without correcting the damage to the frame and yoke? Does the center pin line up correctly with the bolt plunger pin hole?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List