Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Preventing Friendly Fire

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I saw that a lot in the USMC. Not so much in my initial and continuing LE training thus far. It's something that LE instructors I've had have specifically stated they're trying to guard against.....

I've heard about it a lot from older cops though.
    AMC's sims experience is similar to my experience. Me with handgun and 8 rounds of ammo, and the bad guy with an AR, and chest rig with 5 mags topped off with 30 a piece. It was even worse in the academy when I did sims. Every scenario would result in me getting shot to shit after doing everything right. The bad guy never died, regardless of how many times he was hit. Plain stupidity.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I don't know how applicable that is, given context, like another user mentioned. If I saw some stand up and do the Sign of the Cross in a crowded public area my "somethins' fucky" scanner would click on, and I'm Catholic.
    Especially if there were two of them, dressed in black pea coats, and they had "aequitas" and "veritas" tattooed on their fingers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    His wife was also a 911 dispatcher - she had to argue with the in duty dispatcher tor several minutes to get them to put out a description of her husband as a good guy. If it wasn't for his wife the off duty officer at trolley square would likely have gotten shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The information from the wife was never relayed to responding officers. The sergeant that was first on-scene and linked up with the off-duty officer, Ken Hammond, said later it was just his intuition/sub-conscious that told himHammond was a cop.
    I have noticed that when the description of a good guy is provided to 911/dispatch, things tend to get lost in translation, from call-taker to dispatcher, or if broadcast correctly, responding officers will tend to just hear it wrong. The Fog of War, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Perhaps not very relevant to the general topic at hand, and Id expect a much faster and more coherent official response in the states. They also had a friendly fire issue in front of the store the perpetrators were in once the Kenyan .mil came in a couple hours later.
    I think it's very relevant - One of their commanders was shot in a blue on blue during the ordeal. IFF matters.

User Tag List