Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the old Marlin 9mm Camp Carbine junk or... ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are two of these on gun broker right now. They are asking $599 and $699 respectively, which IMHO is double what they are worth.

That's stupid money for what is essentially a Ruger 10/22 that shoots center fire pistol ammo, out of magazines for a gun that has also been discontinued. I agree about your assessment of the worth. I would pay maybe $350 for one, and only because I think I still have some 5906 magazines floating around here.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

The people have spoken and I agree. Way too much money for just an oddball plinker. Thanks for the insights.

Site Supporter
    I had the .45 version twenty years ago. It was not reliable for me otherwise I would have kept it. It seemed like an overgrown marlin model 60 to me. I bought it for home defense for a girlfriend. She was not keen on a shotgun's recoil. It was a good concept. I wish it worked

Site Supporter
    I wanted a 9mm carbine and bought a Beretta CX4. It won't work with S&W mags, but M92 mags are cheap and plentiful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I saw one run OK in a carbine class. It was a backup gun for a Keltec SU-16 that broke in half.

I had one of those. Nice piece. I found that it spit a bit of burning powder on my cheek with each shot if using lighter bullets. I usually stick to 147 gr., so not a problem unless practicing with the cheap stuff that is usually 115.

I lost interest in the PCC concept and got rid of it, not for any real faults in the design.

The only reason I'm looking again is that I have such a collection of 3rd get Smiths that, that.... Oh, reasons.
    I'm afraid I might get a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 (which I just found out can use a S&W 59 magazine). I suspect that will pass if I just sit on the idea a bit.

User Tag List