Thread: 7 Safety Tips to Survive in a Riot or Flash Mob

7 Safety Tips to Survive in a Riot or Flash Mob

Although I tend to avoid locations where a lot of people gather....with the exception of a Cabelas or Bud's in Lexington KY....I thought this was interesting. If nothing else, it provides a jumping off point for thinking through finding oneself in a situation like this.

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/0...-or-flash-mob/
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I am not familiar with PJ media and am not sure they are the people who I would go to for self defense advice.

I remember the time I was reading an article in National Review comparing Keymod to MLock . . .

Here is an illustration of a technique specifically designed in response to flash mobs:

Last edited by Ed L; 03-04-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Here are some better suggestions from noted firearms trainer with decades of LE experience Gregg Greg Ellifritz

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...and-flash-mobs

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...-the-flash-mob

Ed L: I agree re Ellifritz and his articles at activeresponsetraining.....I still think the "tips" suggested in the PJ article are sensible and helpful. Lots of folks don't hang around "tactical" sites as much as we do.

The advice is either worthwhile or not, irrespective of its source.

I posted the article for the value it has....not to suggest that there may not be other, or even "better" resources out there.

YMMV

George

No problem, George, I am just on a run because of a certain absurd media event.

Maybe it's the "waking up" of America post election, but it appears to me that more and more of the kind of "situational awareness/you're responsible for your own safety" sense is bleeding from the world of LE and security communities into the public arena. All for the better....

The kind of information in Tom Given's recent Rangemaster newsletter re "active shooters" would really be helpful for the public, beyond the usual readership of that publication.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I am not familiar with PJ media and am not sure they are the people who I would go to for self defense advice.

I remember the time I was reading an article in National Review comparing Keymod to MLock . . .

Here is an illustration of a technique specifically designed in response to flash mobs:

This technique was designed for situations where everybody is the enemy and considered expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    This technique was designed for situations where everybody is the enemy and considered expendable.
    Wait....What?! Those are special circumstances? I need to rethink my training regimen.

Just kidding.

Banned
    I can't say the advice is wrong and I'm not sure Gegg Ellfritz' article bettered it.

User Tag List