Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Carrying a Flashlight with a Strike Bezel

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Must be disappointing
    At a certain point it is, but in my short career I've been to enough fatal ones for a lifetime.

That being said, there's nothing quite like running the jaws or cutters for a decent length of time.

Has anyone seen the video of spark plug porcelain breaking the side windows of a vehicle?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    At a certain point it is, but in my short career I've been to enough fatal ones for a lifetime.

That being said, there's nothing quite like running the jaws or cutters for a decent length of time.

Has anyone seen the video of spark plug porcelain breaking the side windows of a vehicle?

I figured you weren't enthusiastic about fatal MVCs - just teasing because Fire seems consistently excited to use the jaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I figured you weren't enthusiastic about fatal MVCs - just teasing because Fire seems consistently excited to use the jaws.
    No worries we can take a ribbing with the best of them. Jaws have their place, but ems here seems to love ripping people out of windows instead of waiting 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post

Here you go. First one that popped up on you tube so take it for what it is worth for quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhlmKHbPFhU

Yea just couldn't find it from my phone. They showed us that in fire school. Thought it was pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Anyone carry a flashlight with a strike bezel? If so, how?

I have a Surefire E2D with a strike bezel and I love it. While I'm confident you can smack the ever-loving bejeezus out of someone without the strike bezel, it seems like good value added.

Attachment 14441

The problem is: the strike bezel wears holes in clothing. I was carrying it in my back pocket, next to my wallet, but it started to make a hole. And I wear Duluth Fire Hose jeans (of the five pocket variety, not the cargo pant variety), so they're pretty heavy material.

My present thinking is to send the thing off to someone who makes custom kydex and have them make a holster for it that I can wear on my belt. I'm just curious if someone has any other solutions.
    I had the exact problem as you as the bezel was eating up my pocket. I ended up sticking the light in a messenger bag...
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Welp, I spent about three months with the Ten-Speed endeavor, and I'm reasonably confident it's not going to work for me.

When I mounted the light horizontally on my belt, the light protruded past my hip (no matter how far back I tried to place the light on my Duluth Trading Company Firehose Pants), and it was noticeable from every angle. In addition to that, replacing the light into the pouch when mounted horizontally was a two-person job, and I'd prefer not to have to recruit people to try to fit things in my waistline.

I then preceded to mount the light vertically, but that created another set of issues. The light hung away from my body, and printed a little, but it was surprisingly not that noticeable. The real issue is that it interfered with my draw stroke (my shirt got hung underneath the pouch), so that ended up being a no-go. If I turned the pouch inward (e.g., instead of hanging on the "outisde" of my belt, I mounted it on the "inside" of my belt) the rear strike bezel really ground in to me.

Those Ten-Speed pouches are awesome, and I'm glad that I purchased two of them, because I'm going to put a Leatherman in one of them and carry it with me. Back to the drawing board with the flashlight, though.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List