Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Painted My S&W 642's Front Sight

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Photobucket and I do not get along well. Need to get one of these young'uns with better computer skills than I to tutor me on how to post pictures.
    Photobucket isn't required on this forum - you can upload directly. On the bar above the text box where you type your post, there is an icon that, if you squint hard and have a good imagination, resembles a picture frame. Click on that, and it will have a pop-up that will give you the option of selecting a picture from your computer. Find your picture, upload, post your new post, and it should appear. If not, I think there's a thread in the admin section detailing how it works.

ETA: and scw types faster than I do.
    Last edited by Duelist; 07-12-2017 at 08:16 AM.

I used two coats of gloss white Testors, and then a coat of a bright reddish orange that is a close match to the orange Trijion HD's all my Glocks wear. Applied with a toothpick. Has held up well for almost a year now on my 442 Pro. I don't carry it every day, but it's often a pocket BUG, and in winter, it does vest/coat pocket duty all the time.

The gun wears LG-405's, but I like having a similar sight between my carry guns, so the "HD" orange works for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Share an image when you get a chance.

I know some folks have commented that they like the Tester's (model) paint on the S&W forum. I've been happy with the Birchwood Casey "pen" applicators thus far. Back in the day I used some neon reddish nail polish my wife used to have on hand but she no longer had any.
    Name:  IMG_0853.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  40.7 KB
    Not bad for the first time.

Site Supporter
    Can anyone comment on Nitesighters photoluminescent adhesives (http://nitesiters.com/) as compared to painting the sights with either photoluminescent paint or the bright orange or other color paint of your choice?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    White nail polish for the base and then the bright color of your choice can be had from Wal-Mart for about 99 cents a bottle. You can also pick up acetone to quickly remove it.

(If anyone wants to know why you guys are buying nail polish, tell them it's for your dog. )
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I got the weird vibes from the girls in walmart when they asked if I needed help when looking for nail polish. When I told them it was for my pistol sights, Id seen it on the net, they seemed to relax and were very helpful.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-13-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I got the weird vibes from the girls in walmart when they asked if I needed help when looking for nail polish. When I told them it was for my pistol sights, Id seen it on the net, they seemed to relax and were very helpful.
    This really nails my funny bone...on the one hand we have an entire thread about gender bending and how we "self identify" whatever the heck that means...and at the other extreme someone looking askance at a man purchasing nail polish. Sure puts buying Tampons and rubbers in perspective.

Okay, that's all I got. (Sorry for getting sidetracked. Wait, I started this thread...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This really nails my funny bone...on the one hand we have an entire thread about gender bending and how we "self identify" whatever the heck that means...and at the other extreme someone looking askance at a man purchasing nail polish. Sure puts buying Tampons and rubbers in perspective.

Okay, that's all I got. (Sorry for getting sidetracked. Wait, I started this thread...)
    Well, the part of the country I live in probably isnt like what most others live in. Things change slowly here. Get stopped by the police here and youre as likely to end up talking about hunting as anything.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-13-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Well, the part of the country I live in probably isnt like what most others live in. Things change slowly here. Get stopped by the police here and youre as likely to end up talking about hunting as anything.
    I know it well. I was just kinda riffin'.

Funny anecdote (though a fair bit south of the northern Rockies... I got stopped with the missus two up on our motorcycle coming out of Monument Valley on the way to cut across CO on 160. The officer that stopped us was a great guy. He lived in CO though he stopped us in AZ where he worked for DPS.

Anyway, we get to swapping patches and war stories etc etc for about a half hour. He tells us to take it easy and slower as we head on down the road.
    I turn to him as I straddle the bike and ask him if he has any idea how fast I have to go now to make up the time I lost b.s.'ing with him.

The look on his face was precious.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Name:  IMG_0853.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  40.7 KB
    Not bad for the first time.
    Name:  IMG_0855.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  28.1 KB
    This looks better thanks to the Bride who is much more adept at this posting stuff...
    Last edited by deputyG23; 07-13-2017 at 07:11 PM.

User Tag List