Thread: Aftermarket slides and BTF/erratic ejection - Glock

Aftermarket slides and BTF/erratic ejection - Glock

Does anyone have any evidence that a ZEV or other aftermarket Glock slide improves the ejection?

I remember Randy Lee saying that the slides were much of the culprit in the problem guns, did any of the aftermarket guys address this?

Gabe Suarez insists his custom slides solve the Glock ejection problem. He states that with his slide and maybe his high reliability extractor depressor plunger spring, spent cases eject in a tidy little pile 26" away from the gun at a 2-3 o'clock direction. FWIW

Randy Lee has indicated that Glock OEM slides have some variability in the ejection port positioning, not that I've ever seen that, from the naked eye.

Gary

He also insists he was the first to develop, engineer, and revolutionize everything as we know in the gun/martial world......and everyone is just copying/stealing from him.

My limited (one Caspian, one Robar for the CCF gun) aftermarket Glock slide experience pretty much cemented my decision to use the factory slide until George Smith at EGW offers Glock slides.

That being said, I once moved the same factory extractor from one factory slide to two other factory slides. It bound in one of the three slides. So I transferred all of the slide internals from one "good" slide to the "trouble" slide. The extractor still did not properly pivot. That is when I got a Glock armorer involved and eventually Glock itself. So, yes, the Glock slides do have enough dimensional variance to cause issues in certain tolerance stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    He also insists he was the first to develop, engineer, and revolutionize everything as we know in the gun/martial world......and everyone is just copying/stealing from him.
    I happily give him credit for switching from a reload to dual AIWB Glocks.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I happily give him credit for switching from a reload to dual AIWB Glocks.
    Talk about the possibility to become a soprano...

Best, Jon

User Tag List