Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EDC Colors - Tactics or Aesthetics?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    In some states, concealed means concealed and it's a big deal if the wrong person notices your heater. Plus, your SO will lose track of how much gear you have if you stick with one color. That being said, variety is fun.
    Got away with buying new glocks for over a year using this strategy.

After I broke up with her, I bought one with a gray frame.

The resale value tends to take a hit on anything other than the standard model color. #AskMeHowIKnow #NotDoingThatAgain

I really like the idea of holsters in light / bright colors for reholstering safety, but right now everything I own is flat black. #HolsterHypocrite

There's a place for contrasting colors, IMHO. If you're a frequent deployer to SWA, FDE pistol and holster/pouches makes sense. If you're an AIWB/IWB carrier, and FDE is close to your skin color, it will make the pistol/holster harder to see in an inadvertent "flash." If you carry OWB, or, God forbid, Open Carry, your color choice in pistols is largely cosmetic. And, you can paint me with that brush I just gave you, there have been NUMEROUS OD Glocks in my safe over the years, and my HK45C is OD as well...

I do like the idea of a light colored holster for "visual clearance" during reholster, but, frankly, I don't have any holsters that match that - except for my recently acquired DSG IWB/AIWB holster in gray. My personal preference for pistols is I do NOT like any light colored slide, for reasons of glare - on two-tone pistols strongly prefer the classic 1911 blued over stainless look.

I say its like skittles-taste the rainbow man, taste the rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    I say its like skittles-taste the rainbow man, taste the rainbow.
    You're funny, in a frightening somewhat disturbing way.

(Nah, I'm just bustin' 'em. Keep 'em coming. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Function over form every day of the week but if shit can look cool too why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All my Dark Stars are zombie green. I just got hooked on the color and can't control it anymore.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My current holster is purple because I think it looks neat.

May find some tactical purpose later and retroactively change my reasoning so I sound more high-speed.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

I do like many here and color-code the "platform." This makes the unsorted pile just a little less chaotic.

9mm Glocks- OD

G20- Tan

G43- Grey

G42- Blue

Berettas- Black

Wheelguns- Horsehide
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    I use different color kydex holsters for different platforms too. My Glock stuff is black, Beretta is FADE, J Frame is grey, etc. I wouldn't want a brightly colored holster for EDC as I'd think a glimpse of orange, red, or blue loops or holster body may grab attention I may not otherwise want it to. Range gear may be different.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I use different color kydex holsters for different platforms too. My Glock stuff is black, Beretta is FADE, J Frame is grey, etc. I wouldn't want a brightly colored holster for EDC as I'd think a glimpse of orange, red, or blue loops or holster body may grab attention I may not otherwise want it to. Range gear may be different.
    If my gun is holstered in my orange AIWB rig, you aren't going to see the orange. I don't know of anyone that does loops in bright colors, but I could be wrong though - which in that case yes I see your point.

User Tag List