Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A new purchase

BLR
    Are you going to refinish them? I think, we all enjoy seeing your work.
    Welcome back.

Site Supporter
    BLR
    Welcome back.

Bill-glad you're back also. I've been quite pleased with my sole (to date) Gen4, a fairly recent G22. After much empirical experimentation, I ran it "frame naked." Sights remain Glock, albeit Glock steels. Other than lubricating the triggerbar/connector interface, replacing the OEM magazine release with a slightly more protrusive Glock FBI one, and replacing the OEM slide stop/release with a Glock extended one, I've pretty much left well enough alone. It did shoot to the left, necessitating the rear sight being drifted almost to the far right of the slide dovetail, apparently this is a bit of a common malady with Gen4 guns.

Interested in hearing your experiences with it.

Best, Jon

Welcome back. I've been running a bone stock (except for HD sights) Gen4 G19 for most of a year. It grows on you, and has much to recommend it.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 03-01-2017 at 03:08 PM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I have heavily modified what I'll call an "early" Gen4 19 with a Gen4 smooth face trigger bar and added a 10-8 rear with Ameriglo tritium front (orange ring). The beavertail backstrap does not lock to the frame at the top but it stays in place regardless. The replacement trigger bar seemed to improve/smooth the pull. It appears to be chrome plated.

Heavily modified. *snicker*
    Last edited by NETim; 03-01-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Welcome back! Your posts were ones I always read and enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Bill-glad you're back also. I've been quite pleased with my sole (to date) Gen4, a fairly recent G22. After much empirical experimentation, I ran it "frame naked." Sights remain Glock, albeit Glock steels. Other than lubricating the triggerbar/connector interface, replacing the OEM magazine release with a slightly more protrusive Glock FBI one, and replacing the OEM slide stop/release with a Glock extended one, I've pretty much left well enough alone. It did shoot to the left, necessitating the rear sight being drifted almost to the far right of the slide dovetail, apparently this is a bit of a common malady with Gen4 guns.

Interested in hearing your experiences with it.

Best, Jon
    Thanks all for the kind words.

I ran a hundred rounds through it this AM before work, and #1 was with me all day. It was weird not needing suspenders to keep my pants up.

In so far as sights are concerned....POA/POI is one of my OCD touch points. This one is WAY off, like a couple inches at 25 yrds high. I'm waffling back and forth on sights. Mostly because I'm too far down the BoMar/WC road to see clearly back.

Just picked up a 22, as one of the 17s is going to be sacrificed to the gods of curiosity. Really stoked with the barrel fit and slide to frame fit. Definite step up from the Gen3. That recoil spring assembly....hmmmmmm I'm not understanding how this is an improvement, but as long as it works I suppose.

All in all, nice gun. Needs slide stop, sights, bbl, mag release, and a trigger job.

I think LOW mounted bomars look good on glocks

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    What was the 1911 issue if you don't mind my asking? Why replace the barrels on the glocks immediately? Also, I'm glad to see you posting again. I always enjoyed your insights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1911/1935 - no issues at all. I love them dearly. Just growing up, I suppose.

Barrels: I have a 2" at 25yrd requirement. It is one of those things I won't budge from. And that's the upper limit. I like 1" much better. I heard the Gen 4 was capable of that, and so far, I can totally see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    0) you need an SCD. I know a guy.
    1) ain't no barrel like a bar sto barrel.
    2) jm Tom Givens package if you want to stick with 3:00; all the cool kids are using the wing claw 2.0.
    3) what sight picture do you want? I prefer ameriglo hackathorns.
    Listening carefully to this.

I like me some KKM...

User Tag List