Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A new purchase

A new purchase

After a traveling/airline security issue a 1911, I'm transitioning to the Gen4 G17. I actually like the G22 better, but whatever.

Picked up a couplethree of them, still have an (unwise) "investment" size stock pile of mags. Plus one Raven holster. Need sights, holsters, and barrel.

Pics to follow once I figure out how to get back into photo-bucket.

Initial impression: Superior to the Gen3 in just about every aspect.

Sight dovetail protectors still have odd while markings for some reason.

What was the 1911 issue if you don't mind my asking? Why replace the barrels on the glocks immediately? Also, I'm glad to see you posting again. I always enjoyed your insights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Get 3 different barrels and death match them!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

0) you need an SCD. I know a guy.
    1) ain't no barrel like a bar sto barrel.
    2) jm Tom Givens package if you want to stick with 3:00; all the cool kids are using the wing claw 2.0.
    3) what sight picture do you want? I prefer ameriglo hackathorns.
    Ignore Alien Orders

What Jon said.^^^^

And welcome back Bill. Hope you've been well.

Long time no type on pistol forum. Welcome back
    i used to wannabe

LOL. Bill are you trolling us again?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    I'm rubbing my eyes to make sure it's not a halucination. Glad to see your posts - I've read up on a lot of your previous ones and am hopeful to see more insights from you.

Site Supporter
    Welcome back Bill.

Sights are very much personal preference. I like HD's but favored Heinies when my eyes were younger. Dawson adjustables with fiber optic front if you are particular about your POA/POI.

Gen 3's see an appreciable improvement in accuracy with replacement barrels gen 4s not so much. Gen 4's are normally capable of good accuracy out of the box. If you must have a replacement barrel I like KKM or a fitted Wilson. Be aware it may change POI so the Dawson adjustables would be a good choice if you go with an aftermarket barrel.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Welcome to the dark side.

After much fiddling I refer the medium backstrap on the Gen 4 17s, no backstrap on the 19s. Play with it yourself to see what you like.

I also strongly recommend you buy 3x of the Gen 3 OEM trigger bars and do some judicious polishing of the connector/trigger bar where they interact. I find this is all I need to get my Gen 4s to have beautiful rolling breaks.

User Tag List