Thread: Belts that don't fit

Belts that don't fit

Name:  IMG_0108.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  70.2 KB
    I have a few belts collecting dust because they're a couple inches too big on me. Due to the placement of the velcro, I'm unable to cinch them down tight enough to hold up my pants and support the weight of my gear. I was considering taking them to one of the local alteration shops to see if they could move the velcro or remove enough to get them to work for me. Or do I just sell them at a loss and start over? I really liked the black Original SOE cobra belt before I lost a few pounds but even cinched down as tight as I can get it, it's just a tad too loose for my liking.

Personally, I would keep them just in case you gain the weight back. Or just sell them and get smaller ones as a motivator to keep the weight off.

Start a swap club...members send belts that no longer fit to other members in exchange for belts that do. Ride the escalator up or down...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by brewmeister View Post
    Personally, I would keep them just in case you gain the weight back. Or just sell them and get smaller ones as a motivator to keep the weight off.
    As someone who has lost a significant amount of weight, I advise against this. Purge the stuff that doesn't fit. When your new clothes get tight that's a clue your falling into bad habits. Don't give yourself an out with oversized backup clothing.

I've lost 62lbs this last year and also been purging. I also agree to get rid of it so mentally you know that if you let yourself gain weight, you are going to have to buy more clothes again.

I have a used EDC belt from Comp Tac listed on Amazon. Sell there or eBay IMO.

User Tag List