Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock sight tools

Site Supporter
    I use the MGW tool, for the M&P, on my Glocks. It is nice not having to buy two separate units.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I use the MGW tool, for the M&P, on my Glocks. It is nice not having to buy two separate units.

-Sent using Tapatalk.
    That's a handy piece of info. One note on the tool for the M&Ps is that it won't work on the 5" M&Ps.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I have a MGW GLOCK rear sight tool and a GLOCK brand front sight tool with the magnetic tip. Easy peezy.
    Bingo!! It did take a small act of congress for me to get the Glock front sight tool but it was worth the wait. I like it a lot better than the Ameriglo.

Several of you advocated red locktite for the front sight, what about the rear?
    Depends on the instructions with the sights. Several of the rear sights are quite tight and a thin coating of grease helps. For sights with tensioning screws, after zero is confirmed Lock-Tite makes sense.

I made reference to one of the crappy front sight hex drivers I tried after reading raving reviews off M4C. If I'm not mistaken it's the one included in the 10-8 e-mail blast that just hit my Inbox. I'd have to see it a little closer to verify 100% but it sure looks like it. I think I paid like $3 for mine on Amazon, shipping included. I guess you do get what you pay for.

Loctite .... I use RED on the front screw but nothing on the rear. None of my GLOCK rear sights have a set screw.

My first Glock tool didn't have the magnetic tip, but VolGrad broke it, and Glock replaced it with the new style.

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    My first Glock tool didn't have the magnetic tip, but VolGrad broke it, and Glock replaced it with the new style.
    .... and I'll never hear the end of it either.

I can't help it I'm that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    .... and I'll never hear the end of it either.

I can't help it I'm that strong.
    Well, at least I didn't tell them that you missed a match to go to a Taylor Swift concert...

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    Well, at least I didn't tell them that you missed a match to go to a Taylor Swift concert...
    .... and there it is.

I think it will be a quiet range outing the next time you two go shooting.

User Tag List