Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 o'clock concealment draws from untucked shirt par times?

Caleb at Gun Nuts Media has some video on this issue, comparing strong side draw vs. AIWB draw. More data for comparison.

http://www.gunnuts.net/2016/12/23/co...a-concealment/

I will look to see if he has video with a polo shirt instead.
    Last edited by Trigger; 02-28-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSW View Post
    Speaking of which, I was reading stoeger's practical pistol book, he doesn't really lean at all, I need to finish reading it. I just can't seem to fire with bent elbows without a full press out like he does though. As a matter of fact he was shooting in the bay next to me when I shot these videos . Should've had him sign my ipad.
    It took me a while to correct it. My natural instinct was to lean and standing straight seemed very unnatural. After a bunch of work standing straight became natural. For me it was worth changing.

Just tried this. 3 seconds is more than enough to hit a 3x5 card at 7 yards.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Here are a couple videos I threw together tonight at 1.0 sec par time. Notice I am clearing the shirt with both hands, which gives me more forgiveness on the draw. I could shave .1 or so by using just my weak hand, but find that method to be inconsistent, especially with a longer shirt or button up. I also work to minimize any excess movement/travel of my hands/shoulders/body going to the gun and then presenting it out:

I attempted to get a few in slow motion, but the lack of lighting in my garage wasn't conducive to good video quality. You can still see general movement, however, and you can hear the amplified sound of the shot timer and trigger break:
    That's how I would do it if I was, like, way more talented.

Good stuff there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

1.1 sec par, dry (dummy pistol actually)

Last edited by ASH556; 02-28-2017 at 05:12 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Do you guys think I should keep "competing" in idpa this way or just give up and get a vest. I feel like with the new scoring draw time isn't really going to make a huge difference, 1 or 2 down 1 hits would matter more.

Do you guys think I should keep "competing" in idpa this way or just give up and get a vest. I feel like with the new scoring draw time isn't really going to make a huge difference, 1 or 2 down 1 hits would matter more.
    Doesn't matter. The draw is a lot more important on PF than in IDPA or USPSA.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Only you can know. It just depends on what you want out of idpa. If the game is the highest priority then definitely get the vest and do everything you can that's proper to post your highest score. If your highest priority is the way you feel about shooting your carry rig in competition then keep going.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I gave Gabe a like on philosophical principles but, in a practical sense, I don't think it makes a lick of a difference. IDPA match is six or stages, you get to draw six times, or less if there are non-draw starts. If you carry IWB and compete IWB, six or less additional draws on the weekend won't add to your skill set. It is only a verification / feedback. If you carry IWB and compete OWB, six or less draws from OWB won't detract from your skill set. Don't matter what you do in a practical sense, other than placing you in a slight competitive disadvantage.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

No argument, and that's why I say the real reason to do it boils down to feelings.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List