Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Gangs Turn To Rifles For More Firepower

Chicago Gangs Turn To Rifles For More Firepower

Last edited by walker2713; 02-27-2017 at 08:41 AM.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Great, now rifles will start being classified as "gang banger guns". Lock these assholes up and stop commuting their sentences. I'm tired of being lumped into the same category as these cretins simply because I'm a gun owner.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I'll be hoarding rubber bands and paper clips while they're still available.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    That article is sensational bullshit. Observe:

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune
    The shooting was one of at least 33 in Back of the Yards and Brighton Park over the past nine months that police believe are tied to semi-automatic rifles as several gangs boost their firepower. At least 46 people have been shot in the attacks, 13 fatally.
    Er mur gurd, thrty3 shootings n 9 month!!1! They recorded 201 shootings this fucking February, and the month isn't even over yet. Thirty three shootings is not even a blip on the statistical radar for Chicago. They measure people shot in terms of hours.

[ETA: Pardon me, I misread those statistics. There have been 46 people shot and killed, with 155 shot and wounded, making the total number of people shot this month 201. The number of shootings where no one was injured is substantially higher.]

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Tribune
    Police have seized at least three rifles and have recovered rifle casings at dozens of crime scenes. There is also surveillance video showing rifles being used, according to investigators.

Police aren't sure why the gangs have suddenly added rifles to their arsenal, except for the obvious speculation that they are deadlier.
    Three rifles, huh? What an arsenal.

The author is looking for some way to make the horrifying, systemic violence in that city seem novel somehow. And when a 14-year-old girl describes shootings as, "It wasn't like a normal (shooting). … It was like something more terrible," you've really gotta reach for a way to make violence seem interesting.

...And I apologize for the rant. It's Monday. I'm cranky.
    Last edited by Chance; 02-27-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Wait til the weather gets hot.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I've read a lot of gang history, they have always used shotguns and rifles. Maybe more now but, yea.

Smells like fake news to me. Agenda driven bovine excrement!

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    That article is sensational bullshit. Observe:

Er mur gurd, thrty3 shootings n 9 month!!1! They recorded 201 shootings this fucking February, and the month isn't even over yet. Thirty three shootings is not even a blip on the statistical radar for Chicago. They measure people shot in terms of hours.

[ETA: Pardon me, I misread those statistics. There have been 46 people shot and killed, with 155 shot and wounded, making the total number of people shot this month 201. The number of shootings where no one was injured is substantially higher.]

Three rifles, huh? What an arsenal.

The author is looking for some way to make the horrifying, systemic violence in that city seem novel somehow. And when a 14-year-old girl describes shootings as, "It wasn't like a normal (shooting). … It was like something more terrible," you've really gotta reach for a way to make violence seem interesting.

...And I apologize for the rant. It's Monday. I'm cranky.
    Well, I mean, therein lies the crux of the issue, right? Most of those shootings are done with handguns, but the anti-gun have been trying to go after "assault rifles". This piece is sensationalizing the thing they want to ban most. Guns are already evil/bad/scary. Rifles obviously sound even more eviler/badder/scarier. And since the gangs and terrorists use them anyone who wants one is obviously a gang member or a terrorist.

These people obviously don't know what they're talking about. Book the problem causing bastards, book them hard, and then keep them there. You'll see a drop in shenanigans like this. Allow people to defend themselves on equal ground. Instances of said shenanigans will start dropping from that too.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    My gawd: there were 4,367 people shot in Chicago last year! Man, I knew things were bad, but that's stupefyingly bad.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

...and yet I still can't seem to find a fuck to give...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List