Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Model Requests

New Model Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    To do a proper WML AIWB it'll need to be CNC. It is on the list, even if people decide they suck and I never sell one I am still making one. Got too much time tied up in T&E'ing little features to not finish it.

That's awesome to hear. You can consider one sold...assuming there's a wrong-handed variant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rick62; 02-27-2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Quote added for clarity

I am terrible at marketing and selling shit. It just doesn't feel right to be all spammy. Paul Sharp has one, he said he liked it.
    So now I am ticked at two friends? WTF?

For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Tom, I'm not sure this counts as a new model request, more a different style.

As you know I have your current model AIWB/IWB holster for a Glock 17. As you may not know, I'm 20lbs more than I want to be. I'm working on changing that but it's not going as quickly as I'd like. It's true that being overweight is more likely to get me killed on the streets than most other things...

Have you thought of doing a holster similar to the JMCK Wing Claw 2?

I have a funny feeling you'll say "just buy the Wing Claw 2", which I will and is honest of you. Which is a good reason to want to buy your version.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Tom, I'm not sure this counts as a new model request, more a different style.

As you know I have your current model AIWB/IWB holster for a Glock 17. As you may not know, I'm 20lbs more than I want to be. I'm working on changing that but it's not going as quickly as I'd like. It's true that being overweight is more likely to get me killed on the streets than most other things...

Have you thought of doing a holster similar to the JMCK Wing Claw 2?

I have a funny feeling you'll say "just buy the Wing Claw 2", which I will and is honest of you. Which is a good reason to want to buy your version.
    Not sure there's much difference between the two models, other than attachments.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Not sure there's much difference between the two models, other than attachments.
    It's where the attachments mount, towards the edges of the holster away from the thickest part, the slide. Reduces the overall thickness of the holster and hopefully helps for those of us wearing 36" pants.

That moves only the front loop though. In the interest of keeping RMR compatibility the front loop is where it is. We have made some tweaks on position to balance holster stability and loop printing though. Ultimately with the attachments we use I'm not sure that position is needed. It helps a little with the RCS clips in some cases but depending on how the claw works for the user, and their size/shape/etc the attachment may print the same there as well.

It's really all just a balance with some subjectivity worked in, in our case the attachments haven't forced that position to be needed, if that makes sense.
    Dark Star Gear

It's really all just a balance with some subjectivity worked in, in our case the attachments haven't forced that position to be needed, if that makes sense.
    It does make sense, yes.

I'm still playing with the holster, trying to make as best a guess as I can on ways to wear it to make it comfortable/accessible. I'll try one of the JMCK to compare, just as you said, I will end up with a box of holsters!

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I'd still be down for a P2000 PTD / metal clip combo, with RCS claw.
    This and the same for VP9.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    This and the same for VP9.
    We've made a few VP9's already.
    Dark Star Gear

We've made a few VP9's already.
    I guess I should put an order in then huh? I'll be visiting your site then in the next day or so if your still in the mood to make one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List