Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Model Requests

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar

New Model Requests

Been getting emails and messages here and elsewhere about some lefty stuff and new models we don't currently support.

Thus far we're gonna be doing the G17 IWB/AIWB for sure in left handed. Also adding G19 length for right handed folks. The G43 and Shield are coming this week in right handed, dual attachment and lefty will follow soon after.

A mag pouch that plays well with a Clinch Pick is also in the works. They exist but they'll be orderable shortly.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Tom, if you ever decide to build an L frame which would accommodate a 3" S&W 686+ I'd be interested.

I already know it can be carried AIWB because I have done so with a leather Triple K #314 and it's really not bad at all to carry in that manner...surprisingly enough.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Any news on an AIWB LCR model?

As a lefty, I'm glad to hear the G17 AIWB is a go.
    I'd love to see the same built to accommodate a WML, but I realize that's pretty far down the path of catering to a niche market. There's probably not a lot of business sense in it, but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Tom, if you ever decide to build an L frame which would accommodate a 3" S&W 686+ I'd be interested.

I already know it can be carried AIWB because I have done so with a leather Triple K #314 and it's really not bad at all to carry in that manner...surprisingly enough.
    We still need to arrange a weekend to press off the list Trajan presented.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Any news on an AIWB LCR model?
    Shouldn't be too far off. I need to arrange hands on with a live gun to test fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick62 View Post
    As a lefty, I'm glad to hear the G17 AIWB is a go.
    I'd love to see the same built to accommodate a WML, but I realize that's pretty far down the path of catering to a niche market. There's probably not a lot of business sense in it, but still...

WML's are tricky. Poke around enough and you'll see very few folks carrying WML's, even those who've purchased the latest and greatest design. Among a few groups it's common to see folks give a good holster more than a fair shake but months later they're back to a G19 without a light. Busting my ass to make someone's next "old" holster when there's still room to make someone's next holster they'll use for years on end is a tough call for me. Lots of folks do wind up using the WML holsters but it seems that they're well in the minority.

I do have a few features that have been shown to work well, it's just a matter of machine time and priority.
    Dark Star Gear

I'd still be down for a P2000 PTD / metal clip combo, with RCS claw.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 02-27-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post

WML's are tricky. Poke around enough and you'll see very few folks carrying WML's, even those who've purchased the latest and greatest design. Among a few groups it's common to see folks give a good holster more than a fair shake but months later they're back to a G19 without a light. Busting my ass to make someone's next "old" holster when there's still room to make someone's next holster they'll use for years on end is a tough call for me. Lots of folks do wind up using the WML holsters but it seems that they're well in the minority.

That makes a lot of sense. I get that the investment of resources to satisfy a statistically tiny group of potential customers (AIWB, WML- not to mention left handed) is a tough sell. That being said...

I do have a few features that have been shown to work well, it's just a matter of machine time and priority.
    If you find yourself with the manufacturing capacity for a small run or a one off production- I'm a willing guinea pig.

To do a proper WML AIWB it'll need to be CNC. It is on the list, even if people decide they suck and I never sell one I am still making one. Got too much time tied up in T&E'ing little features to not finish it.
    Dark Star Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post

A mag pouch that plays well with a Clinch Pick is also in the works. They exist but they'll be orderable shortly.

And why have you held that info from me???
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    And why have you held that info from me???
    I am terrible at marketing and selling shit. It just doesn't feel right to be all spammy. Paul Sharp has one, he said he liked it.
    Dark Star Gear

User Tag List