Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DotW 11: Bullseye Three Way

BH- 96
    SHO- 79
    WHO- 81

256 total.

Gun was my EDC piece, a Glock 19 with factory night sights and a TLR-3. Ammo was Tula 9mm.

REALLY need to work on SHO/WHO, it's not something I ever train and that needs to change. Was hard to get into the groove with either, not a lot of consistency where shots were landing.

Site Supporter
    String 1: 92-3x
    String 2: 78-2x
    String 3: 86-0x
    Total: 256-5x

I am happy that my schedule actually allowed me to get to the range this week and perform the drill of the week. Interestingly, on the WHO string my group was all on the right side of the target. My assumption is that it is due to how I cant the gun while lining up the sights. My long range shooting still has a long way to go!
    Last edited by zml342; 12-15-2011 at 07:06 PM.

I had good weather and shot great today except for this drill. I shot this drill out of order with SHO only being last and tried to compensate for the high/right hits which may of hurt me score wise in the long run.

M&P 9mm FS Federal Champion 115gn
    1.2H 85
    2.SHO 45
    3.WHO 49

1) Two Handed - 84
    2) SHO - 82
    3) WHO - 68

Total: 234

Boo. Need more practice at 25yards

I made a last minute decision last night, to head out to the NRA range and shoot this week's drill, as it was my last opportunity to do so(Actually, just to shoot in general for the next week and a half.) before I head to California tomorrow morning.

Shot cold with:
    -Glock 17
    -Geco 124gr FMJ

2H- 79 (Dropped 1 off the paper)

SHO- 66 (Dropped 2 off the paper)

WHO- 53 (Dropped 4 off the paper!!! One of those 4 did nic the top right side of the sheet, but might as well been a complete miss.)

All for a whopping 198 total.

I have to dedicate way more time to this. At the end of my range session however, I feel that I came away a better 25yd shooter.
    I shot another 10 round group two handed for my last string, just for shits and giggles, and got much better results. I'll keep at it.
    Last edited by cgcorrea; 12-16-2011 at 01:01 PM.

HKP30 V3 Heinie S8Q

Since this was for pure accuracy I shot SA. This took about 15 minutes to complete.

Hand loads: Berry's plated 124gr

2H: 93 - 2X

SHO: 87

WHO: 91 - 1X

Total: 271 - 3X

Slightly upset about the SHO string, should have done better. I canted the gun on the WHO string as I have found this to be more accurate for me. For some reason I held the gun vertically on the SHO string and the results showed. I am also pleased with the results of only painting the top serration bright orange, it really stands out against the black target and gives a defined edge for sight tracking.
    Taking a break from social media.

Walther P99, FED 115 FMJ

2H-RH: 78-1X, (the good)
    LHO: 57, (the bad)
    RHO: 53-1X, (the ugly)
    Total: 188-2X

Notes: Cloudy, 42 degree weather. I did not expect much from the drill, as the results reflect. Intensified by eyesprinting, anticipation, breaking shots...
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

This one I did NOT shoot cold. (Well, okay, it was really cold out, but I decided if I was shooting 25 yards for score, I get to work the trigger a bit first, so I put about 25 rounds downrange at 15 yards before trying this.) Like an idiot, I found I had only brought two targets, so I did the SHO and WHO on the same one. (Didn't think I'd have to worry too much about putting them all in the middle and having trouble counting them. ) I did remember my camera, though.

Gen4 G17
    Warren Tactical sights

2-H: 96
    SHO: 81
    WHO: 75
    Total: 252

Weirdly enough, that is a lot better than I expected SHO. Normally, my SHO is much less accurate than my WHO. (LOTS faster on close targets, just not very accurate on anything over 10 yards.) I think I need to go back out and do this a couple more times, weather permitting---because it took me a LONG time to shoot this bullseye fashion. And I still yanked several on the single-hand shooting sections.

That target gets really small at 25 yards...

2-H 10 rounds:

SHO and WHO: (Got one miss low left on the tape, and one miss WAY low right even off the tape.) Dark by the time I finished, hence the light glare on the target.

Ya, it gets dark pretty darn quick now. I don't know how I could have screwed up so badly but I missed 1 on SHO and 2 on WHO. I don't even know where the rounds were since the backer was full of holes. Pretty sad. G17 with my reloads. You're a freaking rockstar Todd.

2H - 94 -3x
    SHO - 80 - 1x
    WHO - 70 - 0x
    Total - 244 - 4x

We are diminished
    It's all about the pond and not the fish.

If we got some serious bullseye shooters in here, they'd laugh at all of us.

If we had the typical "My Favorite Type of Gun Forum" crowd in here, most of them... well, most of them would never publish a score if they even took the time to shoot the drill because 30rd in a week is more than most of them shoot.

The important thing to me is that so many folks are actually going out each week and pushing themselves to get better. This is a drill we'll probably do multiple times per year and whether you go from 200 to 225 or 280 to 285, improvement is what we're looking for.

User Tag List