Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Active Self Protection

Great point. I do the same thing when watching combat sports like MMA/muay Thai/boxing/bjj, etc...

I only came across this YouTube channel within the last few months. While I may not agree with everything the commentator says, it is a valuable source for viewing lots of real life situations.

I was trying to make the point to a family member recently that all defensive bullets & ammo are not the same. He didn't seem to understand why I "make such a big deal over ammo". I referred him to the A.S.P. channel. There you can see many times when someone takes a critical wound to center mass and continues to do a lot more damage to others for before finally losing consciousness and falling over. "Seeing that, wouldn't you want the most effective ammunition you could possibly get ?" - I emailed my relative. I haven't heard back from him yet.

Active Self Protection's videos serve a great reminder of what can and does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzleblast View Post
    Active Self Protection's videos serve a great reminder of what can and does happen in Brazil.
    Fixed that for you.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Thank you for your effort.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    I only came across this YouTube channel within the last few months. While I may not agree with everything the commentator says, it is a valuable source for viewing lots of real life situations.

I was trying to make the point to a family member recently that all defensive bullets & ammo are not the same. He didn't seem to understand why I "make such a big deal over ammo". I referred him to the A.S.P. channel. There you can see many times when someone takes a critical wound to center mass and continues to do a lot more damage to others for before finally losing consciousness and falling over. "Seeing that, wouldn't you want the most effective ammunition you could possibly get ?" - I emailed my relative. I haven't heard back from him yet.
    I'd argue other than accuracy it doesn't matter much. Placement (well first actually hitting) and multiple hits matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I'd argue other than accuracy it doesn't matter much. Placement (well first actually hitting) and multiple hits matter.
    Doc's work on terminal ballistics would contradict your opinion. Would it make the difference as to whether somone survives a particular situation? It might. (Shooting a lousy bullet probably reduces your odds versus shooting a well designed one. And placing a well designed bullet multiple times on a vital target is probably best.)

That's why many of us here make our ammo selections from 'The List'.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 04-19-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Doc's work on terminal ballistics would contradict your opinion.

I know I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    If your going to put the time effort and money required to be able to make fast accurate hits why would leave the option of a proven quality bullet out?

Doc's work on terminal ballistics would contradict your opinion. Would it make the difference as to whether somone survives a particular situation? It might. (Shooting a lousy bullet probably reduces your odds versus shooting a well designed one. And placing a well designed bullet multiple times on a vital target is probably best.)

I do believe FBI stats/ballistics tests disagree with you on that. not enough difference to be material. Placement is what matters.

User Tag List