Thread: Aiwb wing claw

Aiwb wing claw

There is option for hole pattern. Is it possible to get holster with both hole patterns instead of just one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troydobe View Post
    There is option for hole pattern. Is it possible to get holster with both hole patterns instead of just one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Troydobe, yeah for the Wing Claw, should be doable. Let me know in the comments. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I'll ask here (rather than email), so maybe others will benefit...

I need a couple AIWB Holsters, and I'm wondering if there is much practical difference (conceal-ability, comfort) between the regular Wing Claw and the Wing Claw 2.0 or 2.5 (which appear the same in terms of just the Wing Claw itself).

I thought I wanted the "AIWB Holster - Wing Claw 2.5", but that only seems to come in the "Long" version for a Walther PPS, which I wasn't going to get. Is it only available that way because of the attachment point for the Wing Claw? If so, how much longer does it need to be?

(I'm trying to avoid the muzzle length getting in the way like I sometimes get when I carry my G17.)
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    Instagram: @awdcorvette

uechibear, I would only get the Wing Claw if you think you may have issues with the material under the dust cover. That is it's only real benefit. Concealment wise the 2.0 and 2.5 are about the same, the 2.5 with wide hole pattern and pull the dot loops is by FAR the most popular and would be my choice for the Wing Claw designs. Have you looked at the George and AIWB designs? They are better suited to the smaller single stack auto's, especially if you are going to carry it with the flush fitting mags.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks, Tony!

I'm not sure what you mean by "issues with the material under the dust cover"... not sure what the "dust cover" is... maybe it's for keeping debris out of the trigger guard area?

I appreciate you pointing me to other options. I'm aware of The George from this site and that holster's famous namesake here, but I didn't realize that they are well suited for single stacks. I carry with the 8-rd mags, though, which have a substantial extension for pinkie fingers, so I'm not sure if that would afford less concealment than the claw options.

I appreciate the help because I'd like to place an order soon.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    Thanks, Tony!

I'm not sure what you mean by "issues with the material under the dust cover"... not sure what the "dust cover" is... maybe it's for keeping debris out of the trigger guard area?

I appreciate you pointing me to other options. I'm aware of The George from this site and that holster's famous namesake here, but I didn't realize that they are well suited for single stacks. I carry with the 8-rd mags, though, which have a substantial extension for pinkie fingers, so I'm not sure if that would afford less concealment than the claw options.

I appreciate the help because I'd like to place an order soon.
    The dust cover is the part of the gun in front of the trigger guard, and by issues I meant the extra material needed to attach the Claw that we use for the 2.0 and 2.5. I would suggest ordering for the long version, and let me know in the comments to trim it as much as possible and I can do that. Would suggest the Neoprene wedge as that will help concealment and comfort (I would go with the small wedge, we just came out with 2 sizes). Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks, Tony. I just ordered an AIWB holster and a mag pouch for myself, and The George for a friend... at least I think it will work out that way.

Oh, and sorry for being dense (you were referencing the dust cover of the pistol)!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

User Tag List