Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320RX Compact

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Assuming the red dot optic is reliable, the addition of the integral laser would make the Sig an extremely attractive red dot platform.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...r-grip-module/

Sent from my iPad
    That's actually pretty cool. So for less than $1k you get gun, Optic and laser. Great deal if they work.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I made it to the range today and put a flawless 37 rounds through the new SIG. Kidding. I showed up 30 minutes before the range closed so I put a rushed 200 rounds through it. I only had time time to set up one target stand, so I shot at 10 yards.

I started off zeroing, and then did some transitions. I noticed a few things. First, with a dot I have a nasty tendency to snatch the trigger. I did a lot of 1-1-1, 3-3-3, and 5-5-5 drills at a 2 rounds/sec cadence, and I pulled almost every single shot low. With irons I accept some wobble in the sights and press the trigger. With the dot I see it right on target and want to press the trigger right now. This is very much a me issue, but it will be interesting to see how this changes (or not) over the coming weeks. Second, the dot is perfectly round, even with my astigmatism. I haven't used many red dots, but my Aimpoint and RMR both had blooming to my eyes. Again, this is a me issue, but still interesting.

As far as the Romeo 1 and the P320 themselves, nothing negative to report. The sight worked and held zero though the session. For fun I ran the 10-8 extractor test, which the P320 passed. I noted that the ejection was the same regardless of whether it had a magazine in it, an X300U attached, neither, or both. Also, I'm not sure if it's the larger window or how quickly the slide cycles, but the dot was very easy to track through the recoil. Didn't help my horrible trigger control, but still.

I've got about 2k presses on the trigger now, and it has smoothed up and is a bit lighter at 7lb 3oz average.

I shouldn't post this because it's embarrassing, but here are the targets from today. Between the trigger and the dot, I've got a lot of room for improvement with this.
    Name:  IMG_1333.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  34.5 KB
    Last edited by DocSabo40; 02-26-2017 at 10:59 PM. Reason: spelling

If your experience is like mine, you will find the dot is like having a personal trigger control coach, because the dot speaks volumes about your press. It also allows me to know how aggresssive I can be with the press and still keep the dot on target.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Congrats, hope you enjoy shooting it as much as I do mime. I've had mine for a couple weeks now and really like it a lot. Was already carrying the 320c so this has been an easy transition. Carry in JMC 2.0 and no issue with the controls at this point. My 320c RX also had a much heavier trigger than my other one. Measured it out of the box over 8lbs and after 400 rounds still in the 7.10lb range. I ordered the gg flat trigger and just got it today and will install and hopefully get to the range tomorrow. My other 320 has well over 3500 rounds and is a nice smooth 5.5lbs.

I had to make a very slight adjustment to the sight out of the box but just 2 clicks on the windage (left/right) and it was dead on. What I really like is the modularity because while I carry the compact size, I do carry the sc quit a bit, especially in the summers.

This is the sc frame with the compact RX slide RX.

What base pad is that?

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    Now if they'd just go ahead and put a Picatinny rail on that puppy so ya could hang a white light on that thang.....
    You could load that baby down with everything but the kitchen sink! [emoji106] [emoji38]
    Welcome to a few years ago.
    #RESIST

Well, it's raining outside so I thought it would be smart to go stand in the water and see how the dot looks when the pistol is drenched. This also may give me an excellent opportunity to test the warranty! Nothing too extreme, I just stood under the roof drains for about 10 minutes (I'm very bored), and then took the photos.

It's hard to tell in the pictures, but I was very careful to get the entire sight full of water.
    Name:  IMG_3613.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  81.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_3614.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  47.0 KB

Surprisingly, the water didn't seem to have any effect on the dot.
    Name:  IMG_3619.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  23.3 KB

Now we'll see how the electronics do with the H2O. Should I take a hair dryer to the sight, or just let it ride?
    Last edited by DocSabo40; 02-27-2017 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Spelling, again

I would send that RX over to the dude from MAC, or whatever that place is called with the testing that killed the VP9.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would send that RX over to the dude from MAC, or whatever that place is called with the testing that killed the VP9.
    "First, we're going to dip the SIG P320RX into a vat of molten lead..."

Looks like this RX concept is going to give the MOS and CORE guns a serious run for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    Well, it's raining outside so I thought it would be smart to go stand in the water and see how the dot looks when the pistol is drenched. This also may give me an excellent opportunity to test the warranty! Nothing too extreme, I just stood under the roof drains for about 10 minutes (I'm very bored), and then took the photos.

It's hard to tell in the pictures, but I was very careful to get the entire sight full of water.
    Name:  IMG_3613.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  81.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_3614.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  47.0 KB

Surprisingly, the water didn't seem to have any effect on the dot.
    Name:  IMG_3619.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  23.3 KB

Now we'll see how the electronics do with the H2O. Should I take a hair dryer to the sight, or just let it ride?
    If you aren't expecting weather I hear that treating the lens with Rain-X does wonders to keep water from distorting the dot.

User Tag List