Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P320RX Compact

SIG P320RX Compact

I think that the P320 has been hashed out enough on here, but the P320RX compact may deserve some attention how that they are hitting the stores. I apologize ahead of time if this sounds like a commercial. It's not, I'm just excited to get the new blaster, and these are kind of my thoughts on it.

As far as I know, this is the first factory-ready RDS equipped compact pistol. I think that offers two main benefits. First is the price. The SIG was $749 with night sights and the milled slide with the RDS. My G19 MOS was about $1200 to set up with an RMR. Second is the guarantee on the RDS. It has SIGs "Infinite Guarantee", which by the looks of it will cover the optic regardless of how it broke, applies indefinitely, and is transferable. I really like this, especially with the beating that slide-mounted optics take.

So far I have noticed a few things that I like, and one that I really don't. The good: the night sights are nicely co-witnessed very low in the RDS window. The Romeo 1 has a small notch in the back which allows the sights to sit a bit lower, while still giving a useable sight picture. The night sights and Romeo 1 seem like a matched system that was well thought out. Next, I like the size of the window. I no longer have my RMR'd G19, but the window on the Romeo seems to have more usable space, especially with the low-mounted irons. Last up, and this is purely juvenile, but I dig the hell out of how the sight looks. It reminds me of an F117. SIG also includes a nice cover for the sight, which should be useful for protecting the glass/sight when cleaning the pistol. The bad: the brightness adjustment buttons are on the left side of the sight, where I foresee them being rubbed against the holster and inadvertently adjusted. The windage and elevation knobs also do not have positive clicks to prevent the knobs from moving. I'll mark them after I sight it in, and we'll see if it moves.

I have no idea what the battery life is on this, but I'm going to leave the sight on constantly and let the motion activation do it's thing. I've got a JM George on the way, so we'll see how the sight holds up to sweat and everyday use. This also has the heaviest trigger I've seen on a P320, right at 7lb 10oz average. I'm curious to see how that smooths out over the next bajillion dry fires.

I'm headed to the range tomorrow, and I plan to update this thread with any observations/problems/developments. I also really, really want to test the 1m waterproof guarantee in my bathtub, but I may hold off on that.

My wife took the good camera for the weekend, but here's some bad phone pictures of the RX next to the other two guns that I carry.
    Name:  IMG_1328.jpg
Views: 5768
Size:  65.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1329.jpg
Views: 4829
Size:  67.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_1330.jpg
Views: 2556
Size:  47.1 KB

After using the DP Pro, with a large window, an RMR feels like shooting through a straw. Will be interested how the Romeo holds up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Helluva value prop!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The Romeo 1 has a 5 year electronics warranty. At least that's what my Romeo 1 manual said.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MSparks909; 02-25-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Congrats, hope you enjoy shooting it as much as I do mime. I've had mine for a couple weeks now and really like it a lot. Was already carrying the 320c so this has been an easy transition. Carry in JMC 2.0 and no issue with the controls at this point. My 320c RX also had a much heavier trigger than my other one. Measured it out of the box over 8lbs and after 400 rounds still in the 7.10lb range. I ordered the gg flat trigger and just got it today and will install and hopefully get to the range tomorrow. My other 320 has well over 3500 rounds and is a nice smooth 5.5lbs.

I had to make a very slight adjustment to the sight out of the box but just 2 clicks on the windage (left/right) and it was dead on. What I really like is the modularity because while I carry the compact size, I do carry the sc quit a bit, especially in the summers.

This is the sc frame with the compact RX slide RX.

I'm curious to see what you think of the sight long term. I've heard some less than stellar things about the Romeo 1s. I don't like that slide is only cut for the Sig optic. I understand why they did it but I still don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The Romeo 1 has a 5 year electronics warranty. At least that's what my Romeo 1 manual said.
    First of all, sweet looking MK25. Second, good catch, it looks like it's covered by two warranties. Everything but the electronics fall under the infinite guarantee; the electronics are for 5 years. So if in a year I break the glass while doing a flying one-arm speed reload and it's totally my fault, I get a new Romeo 1. If the dot goes out after 6 years, I have to buy a new Romeo 1.

I really want this optic to be good. The value is crazy on the package deals for these RX guns.

I'm interested to see how long it will take SIG to run out a v2 of the Romeo 1, because I'm likely to consider it serious about that point.

Assuming the red dot optic is reliable, the addition of the integral laser would make the Sig an extremely attractive red dot platform.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...r-grip-module/

Sent from my iPad
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

SIG P320RX Compact

Now if they'd just go ahead and put a Picatinny rail on that puppy so ya could hang a white light on that thang.....
    You could load that baby down with everything but the kitchen sink! [emoji106] [emoji38]

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk
    Last edited by busykngt; 02-26-2017 at 06:04 PM.

User Tag List