Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Update: Roland Special Guy -

"Roland" once told a story on a P&S modcast about illegally carrying a firearm at a bar ("riding dirty", as he called it), and ditching his firearm in the bushes out back when the police were called about an unrelated incident at the bar.

That story made me worry for him a little bit...

I wish him the best and hope he comes out alright. Love hearing his thoughts and podcasts.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 02-27-2017 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    So did he shoot him with a Roland special?
    It's 1 AM. It's slow at work. I just ND'd the like button, which happens all the time to me but I don't usually feel the need to point it out. That post isn't really germane to the discussion and I did not mean to like it. That is all. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Is the guys first name Roland?
    Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    So did he shoot him with a Roland special?
    Brilliant.

Nice to see some things here haven't changed.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Wait...this IS "Roland Deschain"? The guy who came up with the Roland Special? The guy on Primary & Secondary? The guy that runs Press Check consulting?

For some time, I've wondered how he actually looked. Damn shame this is how we find out. Come to think of it, is this the reason why I've seen so many of P&S's videos get deleted off Youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If you intend to be impaired exercise caution. If you don't trust yourself to drive, don't trust yourself with a firearm, either.
    Yup. Not sure how it works in other states, but here in MN, the legal limit to drive is .08. The legal limit to carry is .04, and while I'm fairly certain that I can judge when I should or shouldn't be driving (1-2 beers with food, no problem; more than that, or on an empty stomach = nope, wait for the liver do its thing), I'm under no delusion that I can accurately tell when I've exceeded .04, so if I'm carrying, the most I'll drink is a small sip if a friend tells me that something is awesome and I have to try it, and if I intend on drinking, I just don't carry. This includes at home; before I start drinking, the carry gun comes off. I don't bother with RR's careful check that all firearms are locked up first, but I'm certainly not handling them after the drinking starts.

As to the incident in question, I don't have much to say beyond the obvious: the guy made a serious mistake which should serve as a reminder to us all about what can happen when our decision-making process goes wrong. As to what consequences that mistake should have for him, I'm not sure. Hopefully the relevant laws make sense and the courts exercise logic and compassion as appropriate.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Yup. Not sure how it works in other states, but here in MN, the legal limit to drive is .08. The legal limit to carry is .04...
    In Indiana, public intoxication is a class B misdemeanor if the intoxicated person:
    1. Endangers their own life,
    2. Endangers another's life,
    3. Breaches the peace, or is in imminent danger of breaching the peace, or
    4. Harasses, alarms, or annoys another person.

These conditions pertain whether you're carrying a gun or not. There's no special "intoxicated while carrying" law in this state. It is also not against the law in this state to get as filthy as you want as long as you are not in public.
    Last edited by Tamara; 02-27-2017 at 09:04 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Brilliant.

Nice to see some things here haven't changed.

I apologize that my comment was not exactly tasteful or meaningful especially to those of you who call him a friend or has mentored you.

In past incidents that the news is involved in usually the gun/item is listed. Also usually some details emerge like "thought safety was engaged" "cleaning accident" etc. There are whole articles online and in national publications about the "Roland special" and " Roland" seems to be almost this mythical character. The fad with the "Roland special" was/is at its highest in the online community. Curiosity I guess.

After reading the background info and other news reports online i see how my comment would bother some so again I apologize for how it came across for those that personally know him.
    Last edited by EVP; 02-27-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NerdAlert View Post
    That post isn't really germane to the discussion and I did not mean to like it. That is all. [emoji52]
    Name:  IMG_3019.JPG
Views: 1192
Size:  98.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Having been shot in an ND, I feel like this is a reminder about safety and after that, none of our business. I certainly didn't go on an online jihad against the guy that shot me and I personally made sure he wasn't charged.
    I took it as a reminder as well.

There have been a couple times I have done something wrong when handling a firearm. Due to the fact that I had broken only one of the three rules, the holes were put in places that did not harm anyone.

As far as drinking and guns are concerned- I agree that if alcohol impairs your judgment or abilities, then you probably should keep anything dangerous out of reach until you sober up. That includes power tools, guns, automobiles....
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I think this just shows a valuable lesson to the rest of us. But we should not exclude other things that can impair our Judgement, certain medications can do this as well, and also spiking a high fever.

User Tag List