Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Update: Roland Special Guy -

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Dude gets drunk and pops his buddy? What did you expect we say?
    Nothing if it's not constructive.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    From my mother to the pope my comments would not change no matter who shot who.
    I understand. Understand that a lot of us have a code about the good guys. The really hung it out there good guys. And when misfortune strikes them we treat them differently than lifetime ner'do wells. Its a double standard. Of course. Why not?
    Last edited by JHC; 02-28-2017 at 07:54 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

From the Code of Conduct:

We are here to discuss ideas, not personalities.
    In the past I remember these being interpreted/enforced as, "We're here to discuss ideas, not people."

I propose that this CoC rule be pulled from it's current position in the list and created as it's own rule, while delineating that it apply to any person and not just in the context of interforum warfare. Obvious exception's (for starters) being 1) a person's tactics/decision-making used in a self-defense shooting, training or competition; 2) their training curriculum, coursework, or company, 3) good wishes farewell, to get better, condolences, or paying respects.

I have no ties to Pressberg, don't even know who he is, and don't see that he deserves any sort of special treatment or protection. I just see this as an issue with a necessary solution. I don't see how discussing this man's life, nor any man's personal life, is in anyway productive or beneficial to the forum. I think this concept of decency applies to most human beings, and if adopted by our community will make P-F.com great again.

(not that it isn't great to begin with, it's just an attempt at humor).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I have no ties to Pressberg, don't even know who he is, and don't see that he deserves any sort of special treatment or protection. I just see this as an issue with a necessary solution. I don't see how discussing this man's life, nor any man's personal life, is in anyway productive or beneficial to the forum.
    Concur.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 03-01-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    #RESIST

User Tag List