Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does a P2000sk fit in a P2000 holster, and mag questions.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Well... That depends. Just a small amount of tolerance variance towards tight on a kydex holster could well tip the scale to not fitting correctly.

Most good kydex operations can accommodate a holster that will fit both a p2000 and an SK if you let them know up front. It is a simple matter of adjusting one point of blocking. I'm sure some manufacturers just have their molds set up to do this as a matter of course because so many serious users have a gun "family."
    I mean literally every single holster I have ever tried worked for both..

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    The Keeper and JMCK George are perfect. SME is OK. You know what's funny though: I can stick it into my P30 Shaggy and it seems OK too. Not as good as a dedicated SK Shaggy but feels usable to me. Maybe check yours one more time?
    I need to check again. It has been awhile since I did so, and memory is a fickle thing. I had tried both a Raven Phantom for a P2000 and the Shaggy for the P30 and the trigger guard shape precluded one or both of them from fitting the SK. I need to doublecheck in the next few days to see which one it was.
    Last edited by Cincinnatus; 02-26-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I mean literally every single holster I have ever tried worked for both..
    And I totally believe you, BT. But you are one dude who has not singlehandedly tried even 1% of all kydex holster for p2000 guns. And I'll guarantee you the error or under-tolerance rate for kydex holsters is greater than just 1%.

And from what cincinnatus mentioned, it is pretty likely it was a Raven holster that didn't fit both. Not because Raven is bad or anything, but for a significant portion of their operating life, that sort of compatibility was not on their radar. Especially if it was a RCS holster from more than 3-4 years ago.

I used a CCC Uno 2 built for a p2000, with ap2000sk with no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Do you guys have some more specific examples of holsters for the P2000 that don't fit an SK? I have a shaggy, a JM Custom aiwb, a Raven Phantom, Safariland model 27, for a P2000 and they all fit the SK.

Update:
    The p2000sk WILL fit in my Shaggy for the P30L, but does not retain quite as tightly. It is still workable.
    The p2000sk will also fit in the Raven Phantom for the P2000, but retains so loosely, I was afraid it may fall out.
    I think my memory of one not fitting may originate from that.

no it won't trigger guard is longer, half of the trigger will be expose, for those who don't use a dedicated holster for each firearm, you can put a house sandal on your belt and will accommodate even a lot more different guns.

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    no it won't trigger guard is longer, half of the trigger will be expose, for those who don't use a dedicated holster for each firearm, you can put a house sandal on your belt and will accommodate even a lot more different guns.
    This is just not universally accurate info, but portrayed as such.

There are multiple reputable makers that specifically mock up their molds to consider subcom/compact/full size compatibility within a family of firearms.

if a holster maker molds their holster for compatibility he/she is not reputable in my thinking.

I too use the same holster for both my P2000 (my main daily carry) and for when I occasionally carry my P2000sk.

User Tag List