Thread: Can I swap triggers on an HK P30?

Can I swap triggers on an HK P30?

I got a deal on a HK P30 a few weeks ago and it's the DA/SA version with the decoder and without the safety.

I was at a store today and fondled P30L with an LEM trigger and it was much better than the version I have.

I vaguely remember hearing that it was possible to swap triggers but googling it is turning up a lot of mixed info so I thought I'd make a post. Sorry if this is has been covered before.

People have done it but it is not approved by HK and would probably void your warranty. Either trade it for what you want or sell it at a loss and buy what you want or keep it and send it to lazy wolf guns and have him do a trigger job on it. Pretty much the options you have.

Yes you can convert your P30 sa/da to an LEM it is not a recognized conversion by HK, you can either leave the decocker as a functioning part or remove it altogether leaving an opening in the back of the slide where it was.

I'm missing the severity of the trigger mod but doesn't most of the things we do to mod our pistols void the warranty?

All that being said should I want to swap guns with someone that has the better trigger are they're different versions of the lem trigger or just the one?
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 02-24-2017 at 11:38 PM.

There are different versions of the LEM trigger, the different configurations (recognized by HK) for P series pistols are LEM V-2 standard, V-1 light LEM, which denote the different trigger pull weights achieved through various spring (TRS, FPBS, and TBDS) choices. A hybrid choice of springs not available as a factory option can achieve the configuration preferred by our founder Todd Lewis Green RIP, and is denoted as V-TLG. There is also something called 4.1 LEM it is only officially recognized for the P30/P30sk which in addition to different trigger pull weights reduces the initial free travel in the trigger movement. For the most part all of these conversions can be completed by a certified HK armorer, or by HK USA. Conversion of P series pistols from DA/SA to LEM is not recognized by the factory.
    The conversion of all HK (USP, USPc, HK45, HK45c) series pistols in which the V-1 designation denotes DA/SA, to LEM is a factory recognized conversion, uses factory parts it can be done either by a certified HK armorer, or by HK USA themselves.

James Williamson at http://www.teufelshundtactical.com/ in Jacksonville NC can probably help you out, if you want another option besides HK CS. He is very reasonable and a competent armorer with an excellent reputation. I had sent my slide off to him for a simple sight swap and it was quickly back in my hands within a couple days.

To maintain warranty, a trade is best.

Which version of LEM you wind up w is not so important because that can all be changed by swapping springs and does not void your warranty. I suggest anyone trying LEM to by 1-2 of each TRS and one of each hammer and FPB springs to figure out which they click with. If you don't have lots of little tools, the HKParts TRS tool is also nice to have as that spring can be a bitch to swap.

So HK can swap it for me? Would that void the warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I did it, made my V3 a lem, but left the decocker in so it's a V0. Which I guess was offered for a time, but never in the US. So basically have a v1 LEM that can be decocked to allow a DA first pull. Also, I used a spur LEM hammer. Kind of a weird set up, but I like it.

If you can detail strip a LEM, than doing the conversion should be no big deal. Theres nothing magic about it, parts still fit on the frame the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    To my knowledge, HK does not support a LEM conversion for P-series pistols.

It works, but is not HK approved and will void your warranty.

User Tag List