Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: God damn it Colt

The holding company filed chapter 11 bankruptcy on June 14,2015 and reported a negative balance on their payroll and accounts payable accounts as per their latest 8-K form (Filing date 1-06-2016) for the previous November.

Ballistic awesomeness aside,the company is technically bankrupt. They can't afford a custom shop or advanced anything at the moment.Judging by the lack of recent SEC statements on their webpage and this development ,Colt as we know it isn't long for this world.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    That's mostly Canadian stuff...SWORD is the biggest one I can think of currently. But a lot of major R&D was done there. Essentially everything that made CC rifles a superior option was the direct result of AS division research.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with this.

http://www.australiandefence.com.au/...olt-small-arms
    That's pretty much the exact opposite of Beretta's move to Tennessee.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

They should have left Hartford years ago.

Just curious what is the hearsay about why Colt is going down? I know there was always talk about them doing bad then another gov. Contract would hold them over and repeat the cycle

Was it just performing poorly+union stuff causing it?

I mean the Colt name and such is legendary and if it was ran right could be a major contender in firearms. Pretty sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The holding company filed chapter 11 bankruptcy on June 14,2015 and reported a negative balance on their payroll and accounts payable accounts as per their latest 8-K form (Filing date 1-06-2016) for the previous November.

Ballistic awesomeness aside,the company is technically bankrupt. They can't afford a custom shop or advanced anything at the moment.Judging by the lack of recent SEC statements on their webpage and this development ,Colt as we know it isn't long for this world.
    Colt actually came out of bankruptcy in 2016. Maybe they still had too much debt on their balance sheet?

God damn it Colt

A legacy manufacturer union shop that can't keep its government contracts and loaded up with so much debt it would take umpteen years to pay it off if it were making 100% profit on every gun they sold? I'm amazed Colt's made it this long.

Colt came within a whisker of defaulting on its debt last year. It's a miracle it's survived until today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TR675; 02-24-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    A legacy manufacturer union shop that can't keep its government contracts and loaded up with so much debt it would take umpteen years to pay it off if it were making 100% profit on every gun they sold? I'm amazed Colt's made it this long.

Colt came within a whisker of defaulting on its debt last year. It's a miracle it's survived until today.
    Paging RevolverRob to the white courtesy phone.
    #RESIST

When Colt started implementing ridiculous dealer minimums through distributors, I wondered how long it would take for total collapse. Then... they released the Cobra that wasn't really a Cobra. Doubtful the folks in Vegas would even give you odds on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I am sad to hear this. I've become a fan of Colt pistols in recent years and have a lot of confidence in mine. The custom shop did very good work for a good price though they were a bit slow.

User Tag List