Thread: Looking for Lower Riding Kydex Pancake Holster

Looking for Lower Riding Kydex Pancake Holster

I'm looking for a kydex OWB pancake holster for a Glock 22 that rides a bit lower than most of the standard ones. For me, when I carry a full size like the 22 in one of those (like a Raven or Bravo OWB pancake), anytime I bend over or sit down the handle of the pistol flops around and sticks way out from under the shirt. And it just feels unstable. I'm not looking for a dropped tactical holster, just a kydex pancake with something like pancake wings or speed clips that might ride an inch or so lower than the typical raven and thousand others out there. I don't mind if that makes it harder to conceal by sticking out below my t shirt, I live somewhere where open carry is allowed and not a big deal.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco1983 View Post
    I'm looking for a kydex OWB pancake holster for a Glock 22 that rides a bit lower than most of the standard ones. For me, when I carry a full size like the 22 in one of those (like a Raven or Bravo OWB pancake), anytime I bend over or sit down the handle of the pistol flops around and sticks way out from under the shirt. And it just feels unstable. I'm not looking for a dropped tactical holster, just a kydex pancake with something like pancake wings or speed clips that might ride an inch or so lower than the typical raven and thousand others out there. I don't mind if that makes it harder to conceal by sticking out below my t shirt, I live somewhere where open carry is allowed and not a big deal.

thanks
    Bronco1983, my OWB 1 rides about an inch to inch and quarter below the Raven, not sure about the Bravo). jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

...just a kydex pancake with something like pancake wings
    Have you tried the pancake wings with Raven or Bravo styles?

A different design, and I don't think it is actually any lower, but the Aholster belt holster may give you the stability you want.

Aholster http://www.lefthandholster.com

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Have you tried the pancake wings with Raven or Bravo styles?

A different design, and I don't think it is actually any lower, but the Aholster belt holster may give you the stability you want.

Aholster http://www.lefthandholster.com
    Right on thanks

thanks
    I always used a standard loop at the front and a pancake loop at the rear on my Raven Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I can wholeheartedly recommend the Aholster. I've been using their OWB holster for about 10 years. It conceals very well, and has held up extremely well to outdoor activities (ATVing, hunting, running a trap line, chain sawing down trees, etc.). I also like their mag pouches. I truly love the way that holster attaches with the snap on rubber loops. I finally wore one of the straps out after about 7 years. They promptly sent out a new set of straps.

That said, I have a ton of Tony's products (JM Custom). All are super well made and his IWB 3 is my standard edc holster. He has the best customer service I've ever experienced in a firearms related industry.

User Tag List