Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current ammo prices Feb 2017

I was just fixing to start reloading 9mm too. I bought a big stash in 2010 (that was a real pain to move when we bought a house) and it was getting pretty skinny. But now I'm seeing .20 a round, and I'm starting to think about not bothering to reload 9mm again. Which is good, because I'm not looking forward to sorting out all the Q4318 brass I have mixed in with the rest.

I think there's a glut at the moment, because ammo makers are sitting on product produced in anticipation of a Hillary presidency. I wonder if prices will fall even further, or if they will level out as the manufacturers start to cut back on production.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I think prices are going to be in freefall for a while. They may go up just before the election but I think they're still a long way from the bottom.

Okie John
    You certainly may be correct. Of course, I suck at catching falling knives.

Perhaps a DCA approach for those looking to add to the practice stash? Whatever your dream number of rounds in the basement is, divide it by 24 and buy that amount every month for the next 2 years.

Despite the positive outlook today, someone on PF will be kicking themselves for not buying "enough" when the next BHO/HRC drops a turd in the "cheap ammo & mags" punchbowl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to hold off on reloading more & just shoot steel cased Russian 9x19 ammo in my training guns.

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Perhaps a DCA approach for those looking to add to the practice stash? Whatever your dream number of rounds in the basement is, divide it by 24 and buy that amount every month for the next 2 years.
    That's a really good idea.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I can't afford 10,000 rounds a month.
    Last edited by 5pins; 02-26-2017 at 01:24 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I'm going to hold off on reloading more & just shoot steel cased Russian 9x19 ammo in my training guns.
    I've had really good luck with Wolff. Actually fairly accurate for what it is, and rarely have any issues with hard primer strikes or undercharged loads. Tula is garbage, and brown bear is usually OK but I've had some hard primer strikes in my Glocks with them in the last couple cases I shot through.

Here's a 25yd group with Brown Bear 115gr, Gen4 Glock 17

Yea prices slowly coming downward, I continue to buy that cheap Russian stuff just ordered 1000 rounds of brown bear from SGAMMO $149, it's great for range use..

Am I the only one who just doesn't want to buy Russian? Sorry, I know it doesn't add to the thread but for all the talk of buying USA made product there seems a err, disturbance in the force, when it comes to ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Am I the only one who just doesn't want to buy Russian? Sorry, I know it doesn't add to the thread but for all the talk of buying USA made product there seems a err, disturbance in the force, when it comes to ammo.
    Read the Luckygunner AR report on Steel vs. Brass and decide for yourself. If I understand it correctly, steel wears out parts and barrels much faster. Most steel cased brand have reliability issues, but even with the cost of replacement parts and barrels, steel is still cheaper to shoot overall.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/bras...el-cased-ammo/

To the OP, and others. Why no love for Target Sports? For cheap ammo Target Sports seems to be cheaper than SGammo. For SD/quality ammo SG seems to have better stock. In my experience Target ships way faster than SG.
    Last edited by Alembic; 03-02-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Freedom Munitions just changed all their prices. A case of FMJ is $30 cheaper than it was a month ago, still with free shipping when you buy $200 worth or more.

User Tag List