Thread: Current ammo prices Feb 2017

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Current ammo prices Feb 2017

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Where and what are you buying please?
    sgammo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    sgammo.com
    That's one, local places have killer prices too. Haven't seen these prices since before Obama
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    sgammo.com
    I buy almost all of my practice ammo from there (minus ASYM and AA for matches or bullseye practice I'm starting). Great company and always quick shipping.

SG is great, Ammunition Depot had a free shipping deal if you bought two ammo cans for $21 that was pretty good but I believe it just ended.

Prices are definitely easing as demand (read "hoarding") may have gone down a bit. Local shops still pretty high.

Site Supporter
    I think issue is even bigger. Hearing rumblings in the Atlanta area that several LGS are struggling, reducing staff, etc. Greatest gun salesman in history is out of office - market has changed. I have reduced my reloading as I keep seeing great deals on ammo. Especially rifle - example is match grade 308 and 6.5CM for $1 per round. Yes, I buy from SGAMMO plus PSA runs deals too.

No question but that SGAmmo.com typically has the best prices and the fastest, most reliable (and usually least expensive) shipping.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Unless you need ammo for a class or training desperately, my suggestion is to just wait for a good deal on something you want and stock up. I recently bought 3k 9mm federal branded 115gr for 185 locally when they had a sale.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    No question but that SGAmmo.com typically has the best prices and the fastest, most reliable (and usually least expensive) shipping.
    I usually go with SGAmmo or PSA but there are a handful of others worth checking out as well from time to time...massammo.com, the-armory.com, ammunitiondepot.com among others.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I recently bought 3k 9mm federal branded 115gr for 185 locally when they had a sale.
    $3 a box?!?! I would have driven to stock up a few thousand rounds at that price. Let me know if you see another sale at that price again please!

Yeah, my math is struggling, could it have been $185 a case rather than 3k rounds???
    Last edited by hiro; 02-25-2017 at 11:28 AM.

User Tag List