Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New bob Lee swagger novel presale

Site Supporter
    I thought this was a nice piece of writing from Hunter, from the American Riflemen magazine, about Baby Face Nelson:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-men-the-guns/

Site Supporter
    Finished this last night, and it was an excellent read. I agree with others that the story paints Charles as an honorable albeit flawed man. Of course, we don't know exactly what turns his life took between '34 and '42 and probably never will. We only know the outcome and the conclusions Earl came to about his father (assuming one has read Hot Springs).
    Last edited by Robinson; 06-06-2017 at 03:38 PM.

I am finishing re-reading Hot Springs, which took place in 1946 with Charles' son Earl as a WWII Marine Medal of Honor Winner who is helping to clean out Hot Springs, AR. It also has a lot of good firearms info.

I've got about 4 hours left on the Audible version, and it's a great "listen" or "read"....either way you like it.

It took me a while to get used to the time shift from the present to '34, but overall it works.

Having read most of his Swagger books, it evokes the history of the whole family included Earl. Well done.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Finally getting around to reading G-Man and am only about halfway finished. So far so good. Hunter does a good job of putting the reader into the action and writing historical characters and events in a manner that blends fiction and history in novel format.

I haven't finished the book yet so my opinion might change here shortly. But at least I plan on finishing this one. His last books about Jack the Ripper and the Kennedy assassination I just couldn't force myself to complete. They were both terrible.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Speaking of Hunter; several years ago he and another fellow wrote a book called "American Gunfight." It is a historical book about an attempt to kill Truman. I enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List