Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New bob Lee swagger novel presale

Site Supporter

New bob Lee swagger novel presale

For any fans of Stephen hunter novels; his new novel "G-man" is available for preorder. I reserved mine on Amazon. I keep hoping he writes another earl swagger novel involving Oklahoma / Texas gangster like binion and law men like jelly Bryce and frank hammer. How about earls great grandfather? He could be a marshal out of FT smith like rooster cogburn in true grit. I even wish he'd write a few frenchy short novels.

Site Supporter
    Earl Swagger is just about my favorite character, right behind Earl Harbinger. Read a couple of the Bob Lee Swagger stories, they did not quite captivate me like the Earl stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    For any fans of Stephen hunter novels; his new novel "G-man" is available for preorder. I reserved mine on Amazon. I keep hoping he writes another earl swagger novel involving Oklahoma / Texas gangster like binion and law men like jelly Bryce and frank hammer. How about earls great grandfather? He could be a marshal out of FT smith like rooster cogburn in true grit. I even wish he'd write a few frenchy short novels.
    I enjoy most of the Stephen Hunter books, but there are few things that enrage me more than when amazon asks me if I want to read the latest book by X author, and then tell me that I can "pre-order" and that it is coming Y number of months in the future. It's like asking me if I want steak for dinner, and then telling me that it is on the menu next week.

I even wish he'd write a few frenchy short novels.
    IIRC Frenchy was in The Second Saladin.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    IIRC Frenchy was in The Second Saladin.
    Seriously? I remember buying a paperback copy of that at Waldenbooks twenty years ago, but not a whole lot of the plot. I do remember most of The Day Before Midnight, but IIRC there was no crossover.

Site Supporter
    I remember frenchy was in the second Saladin , hot springs, black light and Havana. I liked how pale horse was like the magnificent seven with a who's who of old gunwriters and Audie murphy.

Site Supporter
    I remember frenchy was in the second Saladin , hot springs, black light and Havana. I liked how pale horse was like the magnificent seven with a who's who of old gunwriters and Audie murphy.
    Pale Horse Coming is a good one -- revolvers and 1911s. But man it is a dark story. I think Hot Springs is my favorite.

Site Supporter
    I received my copy of G-Man this week. Give me a few days to read it.

I just got my copy three days ago, haven't started it yet, saving it for when I get a day free.

I like Hunter's novels so much that I have all of the Bob Lee and Earl stories in hardcover after having worn out the paperbacks!
    Yeah, I know, pretty nerdy...
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I am reading it and enjoying it. I am 10% into it. It flashes back and forth between the present and the 1930s when Bob lee Swagger's grandfather was a sheriff in Arkansas and gets tapped to work for the predecessor of the FBI because of his gunfighting experience and prowess.

I find these books uneven. The one's involving Bob Lee's father and grandfather tend to be pretty good; but some of the ones with Bob Lee are way over the top--like the Samurai sword one.

User Tag List