Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 205: iEl Prez

Equipment used: P30 V2, Kydex OWB, concealment/button down shirt untucked
    Variations used: IDPA targets, target spacing- ~1 yard
    Raw time: 10.52
    Penalties: +4
    Total score: 14.52
    Anything you noticed: Could speed up on turning, drawing, pretty much everything except picking up sight picture and trigger pull. In other words, I think I could save time by "cleaning things up". My draw was considerably slower than usually and I didn't need a shot timer to tell me, I could feel it. Was wearing a button down shirt for work and when untucked the damn thing hung down to my thighs. Misses weren't all over the place, but still misses. Great drill and thanks for posting it.

Hammertime
    Fun drill. These are my first ever El Presidente's. Ran it five times. Twice with G319L and three times G4G19

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment used: gun, holster, concealment (if any) G3G19L Warren sights x 2, G4G19 Defoor sights x3, Eidolon holster concealed.

Variations used: USPSA or IDPA targets, target spacing 3x5s vertically at 5 yds

Raw time G19L: 15.82,12.06
    G19: 12.48, 10.49, 11.89

Penalties G19L: +2, +4
    G19: +1, +4(DQ), +2

Total score G19L: 17.82, 16.06
    G19: 13.48, DQ, 13.89

Post G19L runs

Post first two G19 runs

Anything you noticed

I have never done this drill before. I went on the recommendation above for 3x5s spaced out in a single shooting lane at 5 yards. I think it worked fine. It was challenging. The G19 was I think faster as I worked through the learning curve. One run, however I blew it and shot the wrong target after reload. Which is kind of the point of the drill to get one to think on one's feet. The penalties seem fair as shooting faster without assuring the hits seems to give you about the same score as slowing down and making them.

Glock 19 Gen 4 in RCS Eidolon. Overwatch Precision trigger and WOTG sights. Shot from concealment, 36° outside today.

USPSA targets, 3 yards

30:40 - slow but clean, no penalty

I probably should have tried to shoot it faster, but I wanted to shoot it clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot this drill four times after work today.
    Equipment used: FNS-40L, safariland open topped, passive retention holster concealed
    USPSA target metric, 10 yards as dictated
    Raw time: 10.63
    Penalties: 1
    Total score: 11.63 (best of four)
    (other total scores: #1 - 12.21 +3, #3 - 11.40 + 3, #4 - 11.32 +2)
    Anything I noticed:

I'm fucking Derek Zoolander and apparently cannot turn left.

Spinning got me very discombobulated, I think it's because when turned around the sun was shining right into my eyes - I should have closed them or looked further down or something.

I only intended to run this once because of ammo rationing, but it was a lot of fun.

For some reason I kept finding myself observing the muzzle flash rather than staying fixated on my FSP.

The FNS-40L shoots like a 9mm with 124 grn boolits.
    Last edited by SsevenN; 03-03-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

I shot this on IDPA targets that were 259cm apart - so not exactly, precicely, quite 3 yards, but as far apart as I could get them.
    Major difficulty increase was that the condition of the ground in the shooting bay made dropping magazines a bad idea. Therefore I started with more than 6 rounds in the gun and did tactical reloads. This slowed me down as my pockets were not conducive to doing tactical reloads; I really struggled to get that magazine stowed.
    I used my full size Beretta PX4 in a JMCK IWB holster under a concealment garment.
    My best run (out of four) was 13.11s with zero penalties bringing the total score to 13.11s
    My reload was 4.19s on this one, clearly the best reload of them all.
    My worst run was... well, let's not go there. I had a five second reload, followed by the gun going dry because my reload only had a few rounds in it, so I had to spend another fiveish seconds digging out my first magazine... It was ugly.
    My shooting felt really sloppy, I was breaking shots with nowhere near a clean sight picture. Nevertheless, I managed to only shoot a few down zeroes during my four runs with this drill. I was quite surprised how cleanly the shots broke.

After some of the more confusing drills we've shot with my girlfriend in practice, the cognitive challenge of keeping track which target to shoot next didn't really feel much of a challenge. So I suppose we've gained something from our training, at least.
    Last edited by That Guy; 03-12-2017 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Didn't finish writing the post all the way before clicking submit...

Week 205: iEl Prez

Equipment used: Glock 19 jmck George and ccc mag bmc from concealment.

Variations: USPSA targets spaced 1 yard apart. *Disclaimer: I need to look at all the rules before shooting* Hands were relaxed at side and I didn't do slidelock reloads.

I shot this at 7 Yards and 10 Yards. I didn't keep track of misses for each run, just the totals of two combined runs.

7 Yards
    Penalties: 21a 3c

10 Yards
    Penalties:17a 7c

Yikes, I pushed way too hard for speed at ten yards.

I needed to dial it back and get my hits. This was my first time doing any variation of EL Prez. My footwork and stance is rough. I'm leaning back too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JCS; 03-22-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Appendix & concealed using a SKD ReadyTac pouch, on steel torso targets (painted white in the middle) at 10 yards about 1-2 yards apart.

4.28 + 2 C: 6.28

(I kinda went for broke...)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Appendix & concealed using a SKD ReadyTac pouch, on steel torso targets (painted white in the middle) at 10 yards about 1-2 yards apart.

4.28 + 2 C: 6.28

(I kinda went for broke...)
    Dang....
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Dang....
    Never go full retard, except when you go full retard... LOL!

It's been a while since I've shot a full El Pres... I've been working 4 Aces and reloads A LOT tho!

I've gone faster, but this was on video... https://www.facebook.com/wiil.shoot/...35/?permPage=1

I think this drill is easier on 2 target, tho ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Dang....

Also - this Appendix draw stuff is really fun!

User Tag List