Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS M2 vs Glock 43 w/gadget

Walther PPS M2 vs Glock 43 w/gadget

I want something for the really hot days when carrying the CZ P07 just feels like too much. I carry AIWB and I wanted to stay with DA/SA with hammer and decocker. This won't replace my P07 as an everyday carry, but it will get carried and used throughout the Summer. It doesn't look like the single stack DA/SA with decocker I want exists. The only production thing available I've found is the SIG P239 and it isn't exactly a small pistol compared to the P07.

I just found out the PPS M2 has a striker indicator thing on the back that acts similar to The Gadget. I also read some posts that indicate the Gadget will be available for the 43 some time this year. It looks like this is as close as I'll get to a single stack 9 and being able to thumb a "hammer" when reholstering.

I think I will just get a 43 and purchase the gadget when it's released and not think about this anymore but I don't want to dismiss the PPS as it looks like a good alternative.

I have no experience with Walthers or The Gadget. Any suggestions between these two options? Or other recommendations for a single stack 9?

Site Supporter
    Hitchcock 45 did a review on the PPS M2 and liked it but said it was a little heavy compared to the G43. Other than that he seemed to like it. I just put my G43 away and went back to my old standby, my 239. I like it a lot better than my 43.

I wanted to like the 239 but handling it side by side with my P07 it's just a smidge thinner but weighed practically the same. 😕

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I carried a PPS M1 AIWB for a few months. The gun overall is larger than the 43 but it still worked fine even in NPEs with a T-shirt and is easier to draw (and easier to shoot in general) than the 43 IMO. Pressing against the striker indicator with your thumb does prevent the trigger from being pulled unless 1) you have soft thumbs and 2) you squeeze the trigger really hard. Carried mine in a CCC Shaggy+gel heel insert. Just my limited experience, YMMV.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Having a gadget is cool and all but with the guns you are considering, they are all very different animals. You really have to ask yourself what is the most important thing to you. Most people carry a Glock 43 because they either can't conceal a double stack 26 or want something lighter. The PPS M2 is a heavy single stack... If I recall the same weight as a g26 so the advantages of a single stack might be negated if weight is the issue for you. Also, you should go and handle one. When I did, I didn't think thumbing the post did very much. You had to get your thumb is a precise position to really put leverage on it. It would, however, let you know the trigger was being pulled but I didn't think it would do a good job to actually stop it. Remember, a gadget works like the hammer of a revolver, if the force on the trigger overcomes the force of the thumb before the person can reverse the process of holstering (and continues the holster process) the gun will go off.

The Sig 239 is an enigma to me. It's a huge gun. A Glock 19 is thinner, less weight, and carries more bullets.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 02-23-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    If I recall the same weight as a g26 so the advantages of a single stack might be negated if weight is the issue for you. Also, you should go and handle one. When I did, I didn't think thumbing the post did very much. You had to get your thumb is a precise position to really put leverage on it.
    Weight isn't that big of an issue as long as it is thinner than a double stack. I considered a 26 with gadget but I'm just wanting something thinner.

You make a good point right there. I did handle the PPS but it had a trigger lock on it so I wasn't able to see how far out the striker indicator thing came out. In a few pictures it looks like it pokes out pretty far, but maybe a gadget will do what I want it to do better

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've got both, and if I could only keep one, it would be the PPS. I don't feel the weight difference on the belt, but it really pays off in hand; the M2 is a good bit less snappy than the G43. Reloads for me are also MUCH smoother with the PPS.

Here's a couple phone pics showing how far the indicator protrudes. It does work, but it doesn't feel that big on your thumb; I'm pretty sure a gadget would give better tactile feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    the M2 is a good bit less snappy than the G43.

I have never shot the M2 but I believe this. My G43 was originally very snappy compared to my double stack Glocks. The grip texture is slick and does nothing. Once I put grip tape on it, that tamed things down a little because it wouldn't slip as much during recoil. It is still snappier than my 26 and I would imagine that is due to the weight.

I think the gadget works better than the striker indicator But over all prefer the PPS

For me if I can wear an AIWB holster I can run a CCO, which I shoot a lot better than the 43 (didn't try the PPS). I save the 43 for deep NPE wear in smartcarry.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List