Thread: Hearing Protection Act - update

Hearing Protection Act - update

That's a good summation
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

any further movement or updates on this?

Thanks

Consider the bill dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    Consider the bill dead.

Site Supporter
    It sucks, but like I tell plenty of people at work; if you would have filled out a form 4 when the hearing protection act was introduced, you would have a suppressor by now. I just dropped 800 bucks on 4 stamps (2 form 4s and 2 form 1s). It is a colossal waste of money to get a permission slip to own something that should not be regulated that way in the first place, but it is pay to play unfortunately. Hopefully it's closer to the 6 month mark than the year mark by the time they come back.

Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    It sucks, but like I tell plenty of people at work; if you would have filled out a form 4 when the hearing protection act was introduced, you would have a suppressor by now. I just dropped 800 bucks on 4 stamps (2 form 4s and 2 form 1s). It is a colossal waste of money to get a permission slip to own something that should not be regulated that way in the first place, but it is pay to play unfortunately. Hopefully it's closer to the 6 month mark than the year mark by the time they come back.
    I tell people the same thing. Hansohn Brothers has great prices, so buy the can that suits you now, instead of waiting on legislation like the HPA. You can also buy a can every quarter, so you've always got a stamp coming back.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Exactly. I also kept finding deals on them, so I actually have 5 cans sitting at work (we have an SOT and sell them), and just barely started sending in form 4s. It's sad but if I would have done the paperwork right when I got them I would probably have at least a couple of them back by now.

Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I have lost count of how many times I said that. I have purchased and taken possession of five cans since the HPA was proposed. Meanwhile my friends have none, and I have four more in the pipeline. That will make 13 total when the last four stamps arrive at Rancho Serious.

As I told a buddy last week - "Thirteen is greater than zero, even for very large values of zero."
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 03-01-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: bad spellur

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have lost count of how many times I said that. I have taken purchased and possession of five cans since the HPA was proposed. Meanwhile my friends have none, and I have four more in the pipeline. That will make 13 total when the last four stamps arrive at Rancho Serious.

As I told a buddy last week - "Thirteen is greater than zero, even for very large values of zero."
    Amen! The best time to form 4 was about 6-12 months ago. The second best time is today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

User Tag List