Thread: Aluminum grips feel slick

Aluminum grips feel slick

As I practice with my P229 after putting checkered aluminum grips on it, I'm finding my grip to be a bit suboptimal on draws.

At times when I go to draw the firearm, the grips feel somewhat slick and I don't feel I have a firm grip on my weapon. This goes away as I handle the firearm, but after a few short minutes with it back in the holster, it goes back to feeling slick.

I'm starting to lean towards going to factory 2-piece grips to see if they work better for me, but wanted to inquire if anyone has had a similar experience.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    I flirted with a couple of different iterations of Aluma Grips for a 1911 in 2005-2006. While the built quality was top notch, I found them too slick for my tastes. Those begat Ergo Grips which begat VCDs.

David Barnes
    Vcdgrips

Not to mention that they're cold, too.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I find just the opposite on my 229. The hogue aluminum I have on mine are much "grippier" than any of the factory plastics I've ever used.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I find just the opposite on my 229. The hogue aluminum I have on mine are much "grippier" than any of the factory plastics I've ever used.
    This for me as well.
    I prefer the G10 checkered over the aluminum checkered though.

User Tag List