Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather vs Nylyon belt for AIWB

I have a Beltman dual layer bullhide with stiffener, it has been used everyday for over 5 years now it has served me well thinking about ordering another soon though as it has seen better days.

Paul Sharp turned me on to the Daltech Super Bio belt and it has now supplanted all my others, including Wilderness and Volund. Very comfortable and looks good, and is rigid enough without going too far. I'm going to shortly order a couple narrower ones for daily business dress wear.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Heh: Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  24.9 KB
    NOTE: I have no idea if these are any good, but obviously the algorithms do their jobs well...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Paul Sharp turned me on to the Daltech Super Bio belt and it has now supplanted all my others, including Wilderness and Volund. Very comfortable and looks good, and is rigid enough without going too far. I'm going to shortly order a couple narrower ones for daily business dress wear.
    My preference leans to nylon, with the standard Wilderness FF being my go-to aiwb belt. The Volund Slim is also very good, IMO.

I quoted Cecil because I really do like the Biothane belts and I think they do a good job of splitting the difference. They can do dress duty where a nylon just can't, but are better suited to aiwb than a majority of leather gunbelts.

Still need to try a mastermind belt...

I like nylon riggers belts. My waist went from large to less large and the adjust ability on the fly has been a huge assert. I have some of the leather belts ( Aker, Akins or something like that) with metal inserts and for IWB or AIWB they are kind of uncomfortable for other than OWB carry.

Wilderness 5-stitch.

I wear the buckle on the left side at about 3:00. It keeps the front flat and there's no buckle or tail to get in the way. Infinite adjustments make it super comfortable.

I wear a leather belt quite a bit and after a Wilderness, it's always a little too tight or way too loose.

I prefer a non reinforced leather belt for AIWB. The flexibility of the unreinforced leather allows the holster to move with your body more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use non reinforced leather belts also. They conform better to an IWB holster for me and still offer good support.

I do have a mastermind belt on order tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mastermind just posted a Universal belt. Looks promising, will be ordering as soon as they post it on the website.

Has anyone else tried the Nexbelt? I have one of the nylon web belts and have been happy with it. The rachet-adjustment is particularly handy if you have to remove/replace an IWB holster frequently. It's proven sturdy enough with a compact and extra mag; haven't tried it with a full-size.

https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/...-gun-belts/men

User Tag List