Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reloading speed on a Dillon 550

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yes, that looks like a very cost effective tool. I sorta splurged when I bought the Dillon, was initially kinda meh, now I am happy. Maybe later I will get my wife to video the process, just cracking up at how much of an improvement was made with just a repurposed piece of shock cord that was cut out of pullover so it wouldn't get caught in a trigger guard. Here is a static shot:
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  30.9 KB
    The towel is hanging on a lawn chair and is draped into a bucket. I drilled a shallow hole in the board to increase the swing a few degrees. You can also see the little plastic shims that center the case. This has made the process at least twice as fast, maybe three times faster.

For some reason I get some twisted level of satisfaction from doing simple repetitive tasks like this if, and only if, I think it is being done efficiently.

It takes me about 10 mins to get started and 10 mins to stop and wipe everything down. After that I can load about 100 rounds every 10 mins of reloading. My problem is I get horribly bored after about 200 rounds, so I never do more than 200 in a sitting.

I plan on upgrading to a 1050 this year just to get more out of the 30-40 minutes of focus I have. The 1050 also decrimps the primer pocket in the process, which would be a big time savings.

I'm probably 350 - 400 an hr because I don't stage primer tubes. And I get board so it's hard for me to just sit and load. I love to shoot, hate to reload. I have a buddy who actually enjoys reloading......how sick is that?

I'm debating a 650 with goodies.
    Last edited by LSP552; 03-01-2017 at 10:13 PM.

I cranked out 800 on last Saturday taking my time I was just at 2.5 hours. Primer tubes were prepped before loading.
    Dillon 550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List