Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official SIG P320C is the new ICE /HSI duty gun

Site Supporter
    I am one of the few who liked the DAK. I was issued one and found the trigger to be pretty decent. It's not super fast, but for patrol work it's not a bad system.

It will be interesting to see what availability is like as production starts for the big contracts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I really need to try one of these.
    I picked up a SIG320 Compact 9mm several months ago in trade for another pistol. I am underwhelmed - do not see any great advantage over Glock or multiple other striker pistols. Interestingly, when compared to my M&P FS 9 (1.0) - the Compact 15 round SIG320 is same dimensions as the 17 round M&P FS. The M&P FS is a little longer in slide-barrel. I guess I need to shoot the 320 Compact more.

I like pistols with thumb safeties, but overall the 320's I've tried left me a bit cold compared to a Glock or an M&P. The higher bore axis leads to more muzzle flip for me, and while some of the triggers feel nice, I wonder if some are too light for a gun without an external safety or Gadget.

Still, to each his own. and I wouldn't have any problem being issued one if I were still in the service.

how are these guns to service? As easy as a glock or no?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    how are these guns to service? As easy as a glock or no?
    Easier considering you must never go inside that fire control unit.
    Last edited by JHC; 02-22-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by KyNate View Post
    Im glad I went ahead and bought 2 2016 manufacture compacts before this was announced.
    Rub it in...

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Easier considering you must never go inside that fire control unit.
    That would be the frame.
    And, yes, it seems silly that they call it that, until you reflect that "the frame is the part with the serial number."
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Rub it in...
    For those with access, I think the PX system still has them in stock. The troops mostly seem interested in Judges and LCPs...
    (Ft Lewis runs heavily to Hi Points, too. Further proof, if any was needed, that "My neighbor was in the military..." proves nothing about his knowledge of firearms and shooting.)
    Last edited by Drang; 02-22-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Rub it in...
    Sry bout that in all honesty though I don't think they are going to up and disappear there are plenty of online retailers that currently have all flavors in stock I know this because I'm about to buy a full size and a compact fde

This site is an incredible source of information. This is the only place that has the latest news on the p320. I don't think Sig themselves have even announced this yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I just parted with my P320C because I needed to change caliber from the .45 to 9mm. The GEN4G19 was the frontrunner until I picked up the H&K P30SK. I have finally found the firearm that was made for me. Nothing bad to say about the Sig - it was flawless - had none of the issues rumored to be occurring.
    Oh, they occurred. My early production 320C for example, has had light strikes and needed a .40 cal sight set to hit to POI. That old phrase about being a beta tester.

The P320 had real issues, most new designs do. AFAIK SIG has addressed all of them.

User Tag List