Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official SIG P320C is the new ICE /HSI duty gun

Quote Originally Posted by KyNate View Post
    Any chance you know if its 9mm or .40? If so what round are they using?
    It's in 9MM. Right now the DHS 9MM round I the Speer 124gr +P gold dot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What about the drop safe thing?

Glad to see this from a few standpoints. As an agency I can see what the 320 brings to the table that might work with a 4'10" woman and a 6'5" man but also this can drive the market if others gotta keep up.
    I don't know of any drop safe issues with the P320. Can you elaborate ?

As far as the ICE testing - there were 10 of each model tested live fire and 5 more subjected to lab testing which included drop safety testing. We have a prior thread started by Gadfly with the RFI which includes the test protocols.
    Last edited by HCM; 02-22-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    9mm. Current 9mm duty round in personal option Glocks is Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +p.

They have been testing 147 grain duty rounds, particularly the 147 Glod dot G2 but nothing official about a switch yet.
    That would make sense and continue the trend among federal agencies adopting the 147gr G2.......

HCM, given the recent DHS-wide body armor contract, do you know if this has the potential to also be "forced" upon all of DHS? Or, at the very least are there other entities within DHS piggy-backing on this decision/contract?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    In early 2015 when I said this was the pistol that would finally break the stranglehold glock has had on LE for a quarter century everyone laughed it off, but thats the nature of the beast, you should have heard what was said about the glock when it arrived stateside back in 86.
    No we didn't! It's a very nice pistol. (did pretty well in the MAC torture test too )

I remember Glock bitterness in '86. I was promoting some of it!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It's a shame they didn't pick up the thumb safety from the MHS. Might have been timing, might have been philosophy, I guess; I'll be interested to see where that goes.

Very interesting. It looks like I'm gonna need to add one of these puppies to my stable-probably one of the full-sized variants. Best, Jon

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    contemplating trading my Gen4 G19 FDE for a 320C.....
    Except for slide height they are very similarly sized. Grip angle is different. From my novice impression, I shot my first rounds through the 320c and outperformed my ability with a G19 immediately which I have probably 3-4000 rounds of time on. Not a Sig lover but I think the 320 is going places in the world and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Except for slide height they are very similarly sized. Grip angle is different. From my novice impression, I shot my first rounds through the 320c and outperformed my ability with a G19 immediately which I have probably 3-4000 rounds of time on. Not a Sig lover but I think the 320 is going places in the world and will continue to do so.
    I'll end up getting one with the thumb safety for my wife once the airforce starts adopting them. As far as performance I usually perform similarly or better than whatever I have been shooting. That damn honey moon stage.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I'll end up getting one with the thumb safety for my wife once the airforce starts adopting them. As far as performance I usually perform similarly or better than whatever I have been shooting. That damn honey moon stage.
    Yeah. I actually shoot the VP9, FNS9, and PPQ marginally better than a 19, but am just so well set up to carry the Glock I keep coming back to it, banging my head against it. The difference isn't dramatic. Size wise the Sig 320c is the closest match in the grip. All the extra height is the slide.

What guns were in the final running besides sig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List