Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official SIG P320C is the new ICE /HSI duty gun

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    Just read where Glock has filed a protest to the military's contract award of the MHS to Sig. Remains to be seen what will come of it. Protest filed last Friday; source: ArmyTimes.com

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk
    Nothing, they just have there panties in a bunch. Gotta try, big money on the table. The Sig is a better fit.

Got some training in on the G17 this morning. On the way out, got the chance to handle a P320C again. Via dry fire only, that trigger is outstanding. As in, no other horse in the frame style victory over other polymer, striker fired offerings.

Rumor is the ICE solicitation is also getting protested. True or rumor only? If true who's protesting?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anything on a protest. Last time I checked the logistics of getting the 320C to the field were underway. I've flogged this horse several times but it seems like Sig has "potentially" built a better mousetrap. The trigger on the 320 totally outshines the Glock design.

Notice no one else protested the Army contract. Sig won two out of three. That's at least 15,000 pistols for HSI and sister agencies along with how many hundred thousand the DOD contract turns into.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Rumor is the ICE solicitation is also getting protested. True or rumor only? If true who's protesting?

I think it's High Point. ICE wouldn't let them compete because their are not made of polymer. High Point countered that it may not be polymer but it's not quite metal either.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I think it's High Point. ICE wouldn't let them compete because their are not made of polymer. High Point countered that it may not be polymer but it's not quite metal either.
    Zinc!

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I haven't heard anything on a protest. Last time I checked the logistics of getting the 320C to the field were underway. I've flogged this horse several times but it seems like Sig has "potentially" built a better mousetrap. The trigger on the 320 totally outshines the Glock design.

Notice no one else protested the Army contract. Sig won two out of three. That's at least 15,000 pistols for HSI and sister agencies along with how many hundred thousand the DOD contract turns into.
    Glock is protesting the DoD award. DoD announced that the protest would not delay the fielding.
    Last edited by alohadoug; 03-25-2017 at 11:22 AM.

My only personally owned semi-auto pistols are Glocks but this petulance puts me a bit in mind of this persona and I don't find it particularly endearing...

"But I'm just supposed to win."

Want to win? Get off your ass and give the people what they've been asking for. It's called competition. Learn from it.

(I'd admonish the other party to do the same thing but that's another story altogether.)
    Last edited by blues; 03-25-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    Glock is protesting the DoD award. DoD announced that the protest would not delay the fielding.
    I have no idea whether Glock has or doesn't have a good reason to protest the decision and as far as it comes to pistols for our troops, I don't care, the P320 is an excellent pistol, from all accounts, that will serve them well. However, I do want to note that the more complex the system, the easier it is to manipulate, and that's the DoD's own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I have no idea whether Glock has or doesn't have a good reason to protest the decision and as far as it comes to pistols for our troops, I don't care, the P320 is an excellent pistol, from all accounts, that will serve them well. However, I do want to note that the more complex the system, the easier it is to manipulate, and that's the DoD's own fault.
    Wait a second...? Are you advocating for an absence of corruption and a level playing field? Oh you poor idealistic dreamer, you.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List