It's Official SIG P320C is the new ICE /HSI duty gun

Name:  IMG_1130.jpg
Views: 7813
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1132.jpg
Views: 9180
Size:  51.6 KB

A good choice.

If this follows prior acquisitions they should start being issued to academy classes in six months to a year.
    Last edited by HCM; 02-21-2017 at 10:38 PM.

SIG is really racking up the contracts lately.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

It's Official SIG P320C is the new ICE /HSI duty gun

So I wonder if they are going to switch to one authorized pistol? I have a contact that use to work for them. Last I knew they were authorized a plethora of pistols.
    Last edited by MGW; 02-21-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I really need to try one of these.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I really need to try one of these.
    I've been thinking the same thing lately!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    So I wonder if they are going to switch to one authorized pistol? I have a contact that use to work for them. Last I knew they were authorized a plethora of pistols.
    Not exactly a plethora.

SIG DAK .40 226/229/239
    HK LEM .40 - USPC /P2000/P2000sk
    Glock 9mm 17/19/26/43
    S&W j frames .38

Personally owned weapons will remain but the .40 and .38 cal POWs will most likely go away eventually due to logistics.

They tried one authorized pistol with the Beretta 96D and HK USPC. It works for "most" but not all.

I didn't know the Sigs were DAKs. Yuck.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I am not in the know on sig 320s but are there still reports of pistols not functioning properly?

I remember reading about extraction issues on the sig forums and elswere. Also about excessive barrel hood wear or something.

The 320 as well as the vp9 seem to be excellent pistols but I would need the Gadget to even consider carrying either..............

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I am not in the know on sig 320s but are there still reports of pistols not functioning properly?

I remember reading about extraction issues on the sig forums and elswere. Also about excessive barrel hood wear or something.

The 320 as well as the vp9 seem to be excellent pistols but I would need the Gadget to even consider carrying either..............
    The ICE live fire testing involved 10 guns, each firing 10,000 rounds in 250 round strings for a total of 100,000 rounds. 5 guns were tested with WML mounted and 5 without. Combined with the DOD MHS testing I'd say the design is proven. Whether AIG can maintain QC is another question.

Early 320's had some issues - which were addressed. Barrel hood wear was an issue on very early (first six months of production) Full Sixe models. It was addressed, as were the guns with high POI.

In addition to external changes to the trigger and takedown lever, SIG strengthened the striker springs on all 320's and changed the relief cuts on the Compacts to add mass to the slide.

Vending Machine Operator
    Wow, Sig is moving into seriously powerful position for the next decade+

Cool news.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List